·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
Really a tragedy .

If you were nearby would you jump into a pack of wild dogs ?

Mother=idiot

What are the chances that she will sue ? ;)

Regards ,
George

·
Registered
921 Posts
Until fools start getting charged with child negligence these things will continue to happen at the same rate. Who in their right mind hangs a 2 year old over a fence that houses wild dogs?

Yes George, she'll probably sue and settle out of court for a substantial sum. And then go make another kid.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have to add that I find it odd they only fired darts at the dogs. I suppose you could argue they didn’t want to risk hitting the kid but firing buckshot into a pack of dogs might have cleared them out a little faster.

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
What a tragic turn of events. One can only pray that the child died from the fall so he did not suffer when being mauled. If indeed the railing was clearly marked the Mother, while I know she is suffering right now should be charged. Common sense seems to have become a thing of the past. To me there is simply no excuse when a parent puts a child in harms way.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Doesn't PA have a CCW law? Hard to believe nobody was there that was armed.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Common sense is almost nonexistent these days, it's a real shame that a child was killed because of it.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts

·
Registered
19,415 Posts
STIPID MOTHER!!!! It is just stupid to blame by-standers for not jumping into the pit.....the mother will probably sue....for her mistake. SHE deserves a prison term for "Recklesss Endangerment of a child"!!!! :mad: Bob

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pittsburgh news is reporting that the police are looking into criminal charges. I realize the mother is in absolute agony over what happened , but negligence resulting in a death has to be pursued.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Child endangerment that resulted in a death is usually classified as reckless homicide...

Just because somebody can breed does not mean they should. I know it seems cruel and barbaric, but eugenics was developed for a reason. I'd rather the unfit (and it tends to be fairly obvious long before they become parents) be made incapable of reproducing than see stories like that. Which are all too common where I live, usually gang or drug related, but, unfit is unfit.

·
Registered
7,556 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Unlike others that have commented I’m not ready to crucify the mother. Having the opportunity to talk with individuals that have visited the zoo and the venue where the tragic incident occurred I’m not so quick as to be judgmental. We simply don’t have all the facts yet. In my opinion the DA is proceeding properly in investigating the zoo also. I’m not absolving the mother or deaminizing the zoo either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts