Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
CTD has reached the lowest of lows. They are price gougers, profiteers, and abhorrent.
The do not, and never have served the gun community with anything less that disdain. The owners believe we are put here to serve their financial gains at any cost.
Sadly, ammo and gun supplies are not considered necessary staples, so they don't qualify for price gouging penalties.
I quit buying from them when the Sandy Hook murders took place and they raised the price of a 30 round AR magazine to nearly $100 each, limited the supply, and never showed any compassion for the victims or the victims families of that horrific event. they are spineless greedy thieves, and that's a compliment coming from this keyboard.
They raised the price of ammo, especially 22 LR and .223/5.56 by 500% overnight.

I will never do business with CTD, and I recommend and plead with those needing gun equipment, supplies, and ammo to do business elsewhere. There are many other internet serving companies that will not fall into that type of behavior or price gouging, and we should support them , especially in times such as these.
And Lastly, Dick's Sporting Goods is on the same list for the same reasons.
I have no use for businesses like these, and will not spend one penny helping them get away with this behavior. Someday I'll tell you all how I really feel about these matters at hand.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
CTD has reached the lowest of lows. They are price gougers, profiteers, and abhorrent.
The do not, and never have served the gun community with anything less that disdain. The owners believe we are put here to serve their financial gains at any cost.
Sadly, ammo and gun supplies are not considered necessary staples, so they don't qualify for price gouging penalties.
I quit buying from them when the Sandy Hook murders took place and they raised the price of a 30 round AR magazine to nearly $100 each, limited the supply, and never showed any compassion for the victims or the victims families of that horrific event. they are spineless greedy thieves, and that's a compliment coming from this keyboard.
They raised the price of ammo, especially 22 LR and .223/5.56 by 500% overnight.

I will never do business with CTD, and I recommend and plead with those needing gun equipment, supplies, and ammo to do business elsewhere. There are many other internet serving companies that will not fall into that type of behavior or price gouging, and we should support them , especially in times such as these.
I have no use for businesses like these, and will not spend one penny helping them get away with this behavior. Someday I'll tell you all how I really feel about these matters at hand.
Preach on Brother Greg! I'm with you 100% on this one. They should shorten their name to just "dirt".

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
One more thought.. I find it amazing just how quickly CTD changed their prices on all of the ammo, not just a few boxes here and there.
Their webmasters must have had these prices setup and ready to go at the push of a button. More proof that it was timed, pre-planned, and intentional.

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Not much to discuss... the prices speak for themselves, no excuse or reason for them to be what they are, except greed.

·
Super Moderator
19,293 Posts
I can't believe that anybody is so stupid to buy from them at those prices.
It's amazing the number of sheep out there, and they're being taken to the cleaners at their own will.

Right now the price for 1,000 rounds at BassPro is only $314.99 with free shipping. Now that's a sensible internet dealer.

·
Registered
10,164 Posts
CTD lost my business a very long time ago. Remember the first .22 shortage, and all the other ammo as well? This was before Sandy Hook IIRC. getting a little fuzzy on details after all these years.

They had paid-for orders for AR15s, just waiting for delivery. These were guns the customers had already fully paid for. When they came in, CTD cancelled the orders, refunded the customers their money, then resold the guns at inflated prices.

Their price gouging for ammo left me very cold. this stunt with the ARs shut me out completely.

They had a brick and mortar store near me. Their prices before the run on ammo weren't spectacular, but competitive. And they had a lot in stock. It wasn't long after the ammo shortage resolved itself, however, they shuttered their brick and mortar stores and went entirely online. I know they made a lot of enemies in McKinney over their pricing and particularly reselling the customer's guns out from under them.

And I STILL refuse to do business with that scum.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Living in AZ I always try to order from LAX Ammo in Cali (because California residents can't :p) or Lucky Gunner. I will NEVER in the future consider Cheaper Than Dirt ! Thanks for the heads up Boriqua

·
Registered
9,130 Posts

Profiteers? Yep Abhorrent? Yep Price Gougers? Nope, no such thing. If someone agrees to pay their asking price, it is done so willing and therefore there is no gouging. if someone decides their asking price is too high and does not agree to it, then there is no gouging.

·
Registered
12,047 Posts
Just looked on the CTD website. 50 round box of steel cased tulammo 45acp is $39.76...plus shipping. 50rd box of armscorp 22 ammo is $9.89

·
Registered
32 Posts
1 - 20 of 45 Posts