Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of weeks ago I purchased 5 boxes of Armscor 45 auto and paid $21.50 a box. Before i got my order I noticed the price had gone up to 25 and change. Looked today and now it is 34 and change. Wish I had bought more but my question is how can these prices keep climbing! I even saw a box of tulammo 9mm for over 21 a box. This is crazy. Maybe if we all stopped buying and hoarding the prices just might come down? Just a thought. Does anyone have a answer for these crazy ammo prices!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I will never spend one red cent with Cheaper Than dirt ever again.
Maybe if we all stopped buying and hoarding the prices just might come down? Just a thought. Does anyone have a answer for these crazy ammo prices!
It looks like you already have the cure for the crazy ammo primer. You're right, everyone should stop buying everything they see available and stop the hoarding and prices will probably come down.

I saw another one of those "they have primers here" threads on another forum. Of course shortly after the post they were out of stock and those posting in the thread are bragging about ordering 20,000 or 25,000 primers before they ran out. One guy said he just bought 20,000 LPP even though he has about 25,000 LPP on the shelf and did so just because they were available. Really? I'm one to plan ahead but who the heck needs 45,000 Large Pistol Primers??? I must admit, I do have a lot of primers on my shelf but none were bought in panic during the crunch and I didn't buy a lot all at once. I have been stocking up over the past 10 years slowly and when I find a sale.

·
Registered
79 Posts
For some reason 45 caliber is somewhat available. I scored 4 boxes the other day and could have bought more but did not want to be a pig. Thank God I stocked up on everything before the election. I have at least 1500 rounds of all my favorite calibers and 10,000 rounds of 22LR.

22LR is not to be found anywhere right now.

Reactions: mmitch and DocZeus

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
Prices rarely go "DOWN".tnbtlaa

In 2004 after hurricane Ivan the price of gasoline/diesel with through the roof.

Consequently 97% of consumer goods are shipped by truck, so food, clothing, meds went up 30-35%.

Since then gas prices have "stabilized" a bit, but the price of consumables have continued to rise. Nothing went down...
rant over...okfvnail

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Mmshieldshooter, you're just lucky that CTD didn't "cancel" your order, saying they were "out of stock", then two days later, announce the items are "now available", at anywhere from 50-350% over the "previous" prices.....CTD was caught RED-HANDED doing this, on MANY other forums, with high-cap mags (mostly P-Mags), and the REALLY p*ssed-off customers who got their orders cancelled posted the ads, their order confirmation e-mails, the cancellation e-mails from CTD, THEN the ads with the higher prices, on items they OBVIOUSLY HAD IN STOCK ALL ALONG.....CTD just announced they donated $100K to the Second Amendment Foundation; guess it was some sort of "act of contrition", for getting caught gouging their customer base, but it BACKFIRED on them.....their customer base is SUPER p*ssed. Check out their own reviews on their web site, and especially the bigger gun forums like arfcom, glocktalk, etc.....they lost a BOATLOAD of customers over this one.....

There is making a DECENT profit, there is "profiteering/gouging", and there is ETHICS to consider when it comes to CTD.....In my opinion, they have failed their customers MISERABLY during this time of crisis, and are NO DIFFERENT than some of my local, brick-and-mortar shops that bought ALL the in-stock, available ammo at Wally World at the start of the buying frenzy, before the rationing took effect, went in the store with a wad of Franklins in their pocket, stripped their shelves CLEAN, then jacked-up the price 200% or more, when they laid it out on the shelves in THEIR shop(s).....Most everyone is blaming unprepared individuals for this rationing, but rest assured, MUCH of this "shelf stripping" at the start of this, was done by unscrupulous, local DEALERS, too, along with individuals that sell at Flea Markets, new GunBroker sellers trying to cash-in, etc.....If you pay attention to the most-outrageous ammo auctions on GunBroker these days, MOST of the sellers starting these auction are "non-rated"; that's a RED FLAG, that somebody has done EXACTLY what I previously mentioned, and is trying to "flip" the ammo, before things calm down.....and the SAD part is, there are THOSE that are actually PAYING those prices, thus exacerbating the problem, and goading these unscrupulous sellers to do even more.....

"Ol' Doc" has made HIS "Santa's List", of just WHO'S been "Naughty or Nice", and rest assured, the NAUGHTY ones won't get so much as a lump of COAL from THIS Good Ole Boy in the future, but they'll get a MULTITUDE of "free advertising" on the Internet, local Yellow Pages reviews, "Business First" Internet Searches that come up when people look for them, and lastly, some choice, custom-made (by me) "Truck Window Stickers" that I'll put up when I go visit them in the future, just to laugh at their lack of customers and ultra-high prices.....ALL of it the unvarnished truth.....It may catch up with them, and it may not; but I feel it's my DUTY to make sure any potential buyers are INFORMED about the CHARACTER of the sellers they're buying from, when the "chips were down".....

This may be a good thing, as it may run a few of the "lesser-principled" out of our online-buying industry, and that goes for local, "brick-and-mortar" profiteers, too.....

DocZeus
AKA
The "SCREW The Profiteers" One.....

·
Super Moderator
20,134 Posts
I just looked at CTD for some Magpul P-mags. They sent me an e-mail saying they were on sale.
Yeah right. That is, if you would call charging $100 a piece for a $20 magazine a sale.
I'll never buy another item from CTD again. I had my name removed from their catalog sending too. What a rip off they are.

I just bought the 3 P-mags that I owe to a friend, over on gunbroker for $75. And that includes the $6.00 in shipping for them. The best part is the sellers are going to ship the mags direct to him, so I won't be doubling up on my shipping costs.

Prices are starting to decline some on the AR rifles and mags. It shows that the panic buyers are either broke by now, or they've had their fill of paying ungodly prices for these $700-900 rifles. But getting ammo is still a challenge and it will be for a while too. I'm not parting with any more of mine, unless it's during a range session and practice.
I just bought 2 boxes of CCI Blazer Brass for $23.99 each, and 2 boxes of .357 magnum for $21.99 each. We have a pretty good ammo supply out here, due to sound business decisions at the sporting goods stores out here. You can ask Injunbro how he likes it.

I truly wish you the best in finding an affordable supply of the ammo you need.

Gearchecker

Reactions: nmshieldshooter

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Thing is that there are enough people out there who will pay whatever the price is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.