Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the chance to buy both a Colt Derringer set in a Colt “book” case, nickel, ivory (not genuine) grips, as well as a wooden cased edition with the Colt logo, lined with pale gold cloth containing a pair of Colt 22 Frontier Scout Buntlines, also nickel, walnut grips. $1300 takes both. I think I am okay with that.
Change my mind...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Oh HECK YEAH!

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You did well on that deal. They look good to me. Enjoy.
I "think" I did. I don't think I stole them or anything though. Those are gonna require some research, me thinks... The little Buntlines are sooo clean, with that softer nickel finish, dreamy...

Hey! I should go buy a pair of Bulldog Brand Genuine Cordura Nylon Multi Attach Holsters and rock BOTH of 'em as mah new open curry pieces, whatdaya think? Huh? Huh? George?
Or not.

·
Registered
50 Posts
My gun shop has the same set of Colt buntline 22 cal. in Nickle with wood box for $1,400.00.
Both are perfect and unfired.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I see a turn line on one of these, very faint, but it's there. Hey though, no turn line on the little Derringers!
Still, I am in lust with these new additions (I say lust, because fundamentally, they're not my kinda gun, so long term relationship with a safe queen that never gets out to put out? Not likely, but for now...)

It would be crass as all get out to refinish the display case, huh?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I've seen a lot of those Colt derringer sets sell for between $200-300. "King and Queens" sets. For the love of me though I don't know why they bring that much. Have even read recommendations not to shoot because of the low quality of the frame metal. But those Buntlines sure are nice! A nicely done refinish of that case couldn't
hurt.

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts