Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I done it. I sent in my CC permit app and will wait 4 to 6 weeks to hear back. I found out I can't go into the sheriff dept without a appointment. So I did it on the puter. After I get it I will go shopping for a CC revolver like a S&W chief special. My neighbor's are very supportive and are my references. I can't wait but I have to.

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
Neighbors? References? Where does one need that approval?

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
Wow, never ran into that before in either NV or FL..................send in paperwork after taking class and get permit

·
Premium Member
12,310 Posts
We eliminated an entire class of those personal references on CCH applications in NC a few years ago. Prior to that, 100 different sheriffs did their processing 100 different ways. Some required them, and others didn't.

It looks like the entire process of requiring a permit to acquire a handgun in my state may soon meet with constitutional scrutiny:

We could soon see concealed carry systems implemented in many states challenged on similar grounds.

Reactions: SidecarFlip

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Indiana was about to change to a no permit necessary state but it’s looking like that won’t pass muster. But all I had to do in the early 90’s was get fingerprinted, fill out an application and have a clean record, still the same nowadays, I converted it to a lifetime permit a few years ago. No classes are required but maybe changing that wouldn’t be a bad idea judging by some of the yahoos I see at the range.

·
Banned
16,608 Posts
No references needed here and it's all handled by the State Police and online (least for renewals). Used to be local sheriff but they did away with that. Found out the local yokels were being discriminatory with issuance.

Wonder how long my Class 3 FFL will last under Plugs?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Never really thought of the reference part of the CCW permit here in Pa as being a Big Brother item. I just put down two friends. Had to list a reference when joining the pistol club down the street as well. Maybe someone thinks it's a good way to keep out the riffraff.
It's as easy as falling down to get a CCW in Pa. No class needed. Just got to go to the county CH fill out the form, get your picture taken and pays your money and its pretty much done but for the week wait. Re upping is a same day process. If you pass the NICS check for buying a handgun you will pass your CCW back ground check. Wife beaters not addmitted, though that's a whole new can of worms. I've know several guys that had their firearms "detained" by the sheriff because their bipolar spouse was in a vengeful mood.

John

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If your state think your rights are determined by other people I would move to another state. Many states allow CC or open carry without a permit.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got an e-mail saying I am approved. So I call to make my appointment to go in and pic it up. First available appointment May 20. ?????? I had no idea they are so busy. They give me my permit and take my pic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got an e-mail saying I am approved. So I call to make my appointment to go in and pic it up. First available appointment May 20. ?????? I had no idea they are so busy. They give me my permit and take my pic.
I was surprised how easy online registration was here in WA State - only a bit dismayed at the months
-long wait till my fingerprint appt but hey that means a growing CC community, right?
Come to find out our joker insurance commissioner eliminated CC insurance. I may have some details oversimplified but I understand CCW Safe is not available. Anyone here know whether that’s changed?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts