Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... yet another funny thing happened to me on the way home form the gun store... :cool: Sometimes I make the "Catch of the Day" my self... today it was different...

My wife and I had been out running some errands... and wound up near my fav gun store... so Mrs CXM suggested we stop in and see what is new (Honest... it was her idea....)

While she looked at some Trap guns, I looked in the pistol cases... where a Ingilis High Power Mk 1* resided... along with the original holster and cleaning gear...

I thought the gun was over priced so I passed on and was looking at a really nice M29-2 and a M657-0. I looked at some Winchester M1890 .22 pumps... but all were in .22 short so I reluctantly passed on them... (still suffering sticker shock.)

As I was about to leave Mrs CXM asked me to carry a package for her... as she is still recovering from knee replacement surgery I was not surprised at her request... we got in the car and she wished me happy birthday early!!!1 ;D I opened the bag, and there was the Ingilis High Power... naturally I was delighted and again thankful for such a wonderful wife (though sometimes I wish she would load her own ammo... ;) )

So here is the Catch of The Day....

All in all a great day and a decent early birthday gift too.... ;D

V/r

Chuck

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Good for you, and a happy birthday, CXM!
IMHO, MRS CXM is a real fine person, and you're a mighty lucky guy. ;)
Don

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind comments gents... I am indeed lucky to have a wife who likes guns too... among her virtues... I often wonder how I got so lucky...

I don't know a great deal about Ingilis guns... they were made during WWII and used by British Empire forces... Ingilis also made guns for China, and some of the Chinese order was not delivered (including this gun I think) and taken over by the British forces... thus the tangent sight rather than the more common fixed sight.

FWIW

Chuck

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
CXM, I notice yours to not have the slot cut for a shoulder stock. Most of the Chinese orders were with shoulder stock and the tangent sights, most British orders were filled with fixed sights. You may have a fairly rare bird there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does have a cut in the back strap for a shoulder stock... just doesn't show in the photo...

Chuck

Leighton said:
CXM, I notice yours to not have the slot cut for a shoulder stock. Most of the Chinese orders were with shoulder stock and the tangent sights, most British orders were filled with fixed sights. You may have a fairly rare bird there.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
cxm said:
It does have a cut in the back strap for a shoulder stock... just doesn't show in the photo...

Chuck

Leighton said:
Very cool, now you need to find yourself a stock for her. Perfectly legal, and would be a blast on the range.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was under the impression shoulder stocks were not legal... can you elaborate?

Thanks

Chuck

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
One your BHP is A C&R piece, and since the shoulderstock was designed for that firearm its legal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts