Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I prefer a holster or a pouch. Done the micro gun in the pocket thing with nothing chambered.

I don't recall ever doing the waistband thing. I like my rear end, private parts and in particular, my femoral artery, just as they are.

And don't resort to assigning blame to man's best friend....

Tightwads: Buy-a-holster.

·
Super Moderator
14,066 Posts
A gun should be carried in a holster.

A holster needs a few important characteristics:

1. It needs to cover the trigger and trigger guard
  2. It needs to remain open after you draw a gun so that you can re-holster it with one hand alone
  3. It needs to retain the gun without any mechanical release mechanism involved
For me, a folded Kydex IWB holster meets these needs, and it's waterproof, lightweight and very thin and compact. This is also a comfortable holster. You need to wear a holster so that it's muzzle never points at anything that you don't intent do shoot, including your own body and that of others. For me this keeps the holster on my belt behind the strong side hip.

·
Registered
28,221 Posts
Done the micro gun in the pocket thing with nothing chambered.
What was the point of that?
I have carried a variety if guns in my pocket; all were chambered, all were in a pocket holster.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
k
What was the point of that?
I have carried a variety if guns in my pocket; all were chambered, all were in a pocket holster.
I also pocket carry, chambered of course.

That said, if someone believes they are a danger to themselves and others carrying a loaded gun then I wholeheartedly endorse the choice of carrying an unloaded gun or no gun until they are competent to do so.

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
In defense of the dog, the owner probably dressed him up for Halloween...

·
Registered
19,991 Posts
I carry my derringer in my pocket all the time. I would never waistband carry my 45, I'd probably accidently shoot myself in the balls... :(

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Pocket (in a pocket holster) or on the belt (in a belt holster).
These idjits have been watching too many movies.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
21,496 Posts
To me...... Mexican Carry is dangerous! It is just sticking the firearm, inside the waistband, with a belt holding it in place, hopefully. An elastic waistband might work.......but you never know when the gun will fall out....sliding down your pant's leg!!!!!o_O Bob

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts
Mexican carry has to be preserved at all costs. Such a rich source of laughter would be a terrible thing to lose. Many are the days that are lightened by a simple uptick in the shot-in-the-junk-o-meter.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
it's purty obvious that this crowd has ever saw MC.....

When I worked plain clothes and UC it was just the handiest way to carry, strong-side muzzle to the rear.

Some use these spring clips to keep their pistol steady.

With a Glock? That's fraught with........fraughtness. :eek:

Reactions: Keith44Spl
1 - 20 of 34 Posts