Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
I have one, but unfortunately my son has it at his work and I can't remember the maker. It's a kit with various rubber stops to accommodate various calibers. I probably bought it through Midway USA or Brownells. I've used it on handguns and rifles.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I have one made by "Sight Mark" in .40 S&W. It's in the form of a cartridge that you drop in to the chamber and uses a Duracell 309/393 battery. It's worked well on both pistols and carbines. It's pretty old and I can't remember where I got it. I must have liked it though as I have several others in different calibers.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I've never needed one. I just shoot it and adjust sights. If sights are way off, start at a shorter distance, shoot, adjust, then go out to longer distance and make minor tweaks, and Bob's your uncle!

A thought: maybe the OP doesn't want to splurge on ammo for sighting in, a legitimate concern given the current state of affairs?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Nothing like putting it on paper. Ive found most optics (including holographic red dots) will print on paper out of the box at 25 feet and from there adjust accordingly.Different loads usually change the impact anyways so sight in with your "carry" loads and practice! Bore sighting teaches you nuffin but theory. Shooting with live ammo teaches you everything!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts