Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
It seems that there are some really creative gunsmith's out there.
The real question is did BATFE know about his modifications?
I'm not sure I'd want to post a video of a machinepistol on "youtube", knowing that the Feds were going to be watching.
I'm sure they were knocking on his door within a few days of this video being posted.
The double cylinder magazine was pretty cool though.

Here is the link to the video if you want to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/results?[url]http://w ... q=glock+18[/url]

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I believe that the model 18 Glock is full Auto pistol thus would have to be registered as such. Anyone who is stupid enough to modify a semi auto into a full auto without the PERMISSION of the BATFE deservises the many years that he will serve in some hell hole prision.

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
You just need to go to youtube and type in the search for "Glock 18 auto" and it's at the top of today's list.

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
I just did a quick search on the Glock 18.
It is a user selectable fully auto pistol.
They indicate at 1100 - 1300 RPM rate of fire.
Very few ever made needless to say.

·
Super Moderator
19,588 Posts
There are numerous Glock 18 videos posted on youtube.
Just do a search for "glock 18" and they will show up

·
Registered
537 Posts
John
I'll probably make an error or 2, but here is the basic rundown on full autos:
Its a class 3 firearm, being full auto. Basically any full auto made after 1986 is not legal for civilian ownership. I don't think there were any Glock 18s back then. The only 18s legally in this country would be those purchased by Police agencies, Military, or class 3 dealer samples. The samples can not be sold or transfered, but they can be taken to the range and fired. I expect the gun in the video is probably a dealer sample.
A class 3 gun made before the sunset date can legally be bought and sold between civilians, there is a 1 time $200 ATF tax for the transfer. It can be a long and difficult process, especially if the police in your area are against private ownership of full auto guns. They are expensive as well, for example an M16 in excellent condition is a +/- $15,000 rifle these days. There are also some laws that pertain to owning a full auto. You can't just walk in and buy 1, you have to get the paperwork all filled out and signed off, and it can take months between buying the gun and actually bringing the gun home with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.