Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. Where can I find bulk defense ammo. I’m running low on 9mm ammo for my Shield. I usually use Target Sports but their out.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Help. Where can I find bulk defense ammo. I’m running low on 9mm ammo for my Shield. I usually use Target Sports but their out.
That might be a little hard to find. If you do find any, the scalpers have priced it out of reach. All ammo and components are gone - at least until after the election. But when the ammo does return, and it will, it would be wise to plan for the next shortage.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The last bulk 9mm I saw for sale was priced at $1.00 per round! After doing a bit of digging in my "stuff" I found enough components to load a few hundred rounds of 124/125 grain 9mm. That should hold me for a while! This is the second ammo shortage in a few years. Once ammo and components become available again, do some serious stocking up!

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Every normal distributor is sold out of most popular ammunition.

Conserve, be patient and stock up next time it's more available.

·
Super Moderator
19,539 Posts
When my store has 9mm ammo the prices are exactly the same as before this mess. White box & similar ammo 9mm, 115 gr. $14.95 per box/50. Most standard self defense ammo runs around $24.95-$34.95 box/20.
The owner refuses to raise prices just because he has the opportunity to do so. We limit 9mm ammo when it's there to 2 boxes per customer, and no in/out/back in privileges. Last week we got absolutely no 9mm ammo, but we did get 24 boxes of .380 ACP.

·
Super Moderator
33,377 Posts
Good luck! As noted most sites online are either completely out or what they have is very pricey.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good luck man. I learned my lesson over previous buying panics and stocked up on enough ammo and components to last a long time. Buy it cheap and stack it deep.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I checked the Georgia Arms website. It's shut down until they can get components.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Prior to the Dec 2012 shortage I had been buying case lots every 3 months from Target Sports, and online auctions. Save your money and hit it hard when availability opens and prices drop. Can you believe 40K+ of 22 and 6000+ 556? My son is going to sh!t when I die, lol.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finding ammo like .45 ACP is tough--at least the types I'm trying to lay into stock. I've placed myself on several notification lists when something becomes available, checking my email at least twice a day in case something does pop up.

When it does I don't hesitate---despite rising prices its almost like an investment these days. :)

·
Registered
15,469 Posts
The last bulk 9mm I saw for sale was priced at $1.00 per round! After doing a bit of digging in my "stuff" I found enough components to load a few hundred rounds of 124/125 grain 9mm. That should hold me for a while! This is the second ammo shortage in a few years. Once ammo and components become available again, do some serious stocking up!
You had better stock up whenver you can because one of the first things on the anti's list is the elimination of online sales of guns, ammo, and components, coupled with a CA-style BG check for ammo and components

Reactions: WendyZXZ and cass

·
Registered
39 Posts
$1 around is highway robbery. Don’t pay that, it only rewards the vultures that are trying to gouge us. Do a lot more dry fire practice until after the election. If the election goes the wrong way, God help us all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
all is gone....the common calibers at this point....I have notifications in at over a dozen websites.....just got one notification for a case lot of 1000 CCI/Speer 115Gr FMJ.....for only $650.....they had 6 in stock at the notification......Im sure the market bears the price and someone will pay that for it....by not me......will wait till thinks settle down a little.....got three orders on backorder now from a reputable dealer at a reasonable price...but not shipping to later this year......I'll be patient.......My indoor range sells my ammo for target practice at a reasonable cost abeit limiting to one box per day.......so its enough for now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Federal appears to be selling ammo direct to the consumer. Mostly out of stock and of course the price is at MSRP, but you guys that are hurting for ammo may find something
Shop products in Federal Target today | Federal Premium
Shop products in American Eagle today | Federal Premium
Shop products in Syntech today | Federal Premium
Shop products in Premium Personal Defense today | Federal Premium
they are sold out again...ordered Federal Target yesterday from them....and the prices showing today are up $2.00 a box from what I paid......

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
People are bidding 2.3x the normal price for WWB FMJ. So it's not crazy sellers, it's crazy desperate buyers driving up prices.
WWBpricing.PNG

1 - 20 of 46 Posts