Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Don't have to like it, I don't either and will most likely post a lot less, but VS 'owns' so many forums, it's hard to get away from their brand of mayhem...

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
Don't have to like it, I don't either and will most likely post a lot less, but VS 'owns' so many forums, it's hard to get away from their brand of mayhem...
They own most of the gun forums most of us would or do frequent. I personally, do not think it is as bad as some are making it out to be.
Iasked some questions, Cricket the Admin was quick to answer in a helpful manner

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
They own most of the gun forums most of us would or do frequent. I personally, do not think it is as bad as some are making it out to be.
Iasked some questions, Cricket the Admin was quick to answer in a helpful manner

Hey AD,

Well good. Maybe you can tell me, in words I can understand, how to edit a blame post.

They took all my pics. Any number of which I no longer have here, due to a basic CONFUSER MALFUNCTION.

Thank you in advance.

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
11,474 Posts
Hang in there. It will become easier as you trudge through the new process. I still see no value to all of this disruption but that is progress in the 21st century.

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
Not bad, not good either. VS made it a point of acquiring forums a couple years back, my forum as well and yes, they paid me for it....

Now, the forums I prefer to participate on/in are still privately held. Not fond of their oversight style nor their arbitrary moderation. Let the local forum mods moderate and keep your liberal nose out of it.

Playing 'big brother' isn't a good plan. Own the forum, receive funds from paid advertisers and Goggle ranking (click through's) and leave the day to day moderation to the local and unpaid moderators.

3 times I've been given a vacation for a comment I made that wasn't in keeping with their liberal views, while the local moderators never had an issue with what I commented on.

I don't like remote censorship by what I consider bleeding heart liberals that don't have a clue about firearms or the politics of this country, (remember VS is in Toronto, Canada, not here in the United States) and as such, operate under a very different political and economic system.

Consequently, I may hang around but if I do, I won't comment much because I know they (VS) is busy reading every comment and 'pruning' them to fit their liberal agenda, which is not mine.

Made a lot of good friends on here over the years and most of them I converse with off forum anyway.

I was a long time 'Premium' member but let that lapse after the first arbitrary censorship and resultant vacation. Not about to support (via paid membership) that type of arbitrary moderation.

Where I stand on it.

·
Registered
12,650 Posts
Hey AD,

Well good. Maybe you can tell me, in words I can understand, how to edit a blame post.

They took all my pics. Any number of which I no longer have here, due to a basic CONFUSER MALFUNCTION.

Thank you in advance.

Later, Mark
In the top right corner of your post, there are three dots vertically; if you click on that, "edit" shows up, so click it and then you can edit. Can't help with the pics as I have never set up a gallery (or whatever the right term is) on a forum. My few gun pics are locked up on Photobucket

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey AD,

Thank you for the help. (sure in need of it) LOL

Was clickin' on the wrong blamed "three dots"....The ones up by my avatar...

What was wrong with the other Format. Not happy about losing all my pics. Had a confuser meltdown, and a lot of pics I had on the old format, I do not have at home, any longer. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Rant over.

Carry on.

Later, Mark

·
Premium Member
11,474 Posts
Your pics should come back after the system finishes indexing.

Reactions: Abby'sDad

·
Registered
13,475 Posts
I never loose anything. I keep everything on an external 15 gig thumb drive and back that up on a 3 terabyte externa' spin platter (full height WD). keeping everything externally, keeps the laptop at screaming fast speeds and keeps the clutter off the chipset internal drive. I have every picture and parts manuals and owners manuals I've ever downloaded, all nicely squirreled away in case I need them at some point in time. One never knows when the rug can get jerked out..........

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
FWIW, taking the "5 second tour" will familiarize people with the new format and how it all works. Not that big of a deal. Not crazy about the new format and the way it made my avatar look all "artsy" instead of the straight forward photo I had before. I guess I can upload a new one to fix it, but...
I have never had anyone other than the board mods correct me or edit one of my posts. I can't imagine how far out of line I'd have to get to have the board's owners edit them or give me a timeout.

·
Super Moderator
32,549 Posts
Hate to see any good members leave, hope you reconsider
That is the part sad to me. I hate to see that also. I happen to find the new format a mix of good and not so good. I love the dark mode but the browser here already had that set it. I can tell that it is MUCH faster on my end here. The general layout has enough similarities that I am not completely lost but the changes have been drastic to what people have had years getting used to.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Hi ladder13,

I too am having a hard time with this change.

Have a great time.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I suppose we could all go back to using Netscape. It was comfortable. Change is inevitable and it's our ability to adapt that put us at the top of the food chain. The changes here are only an inconvenience when compared to other ones in life.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts