Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always used the standard Outers aluminum cleaning rods for gun cleaning. I tried the bore snakes and wasn’t overly impressed. I also like to have 2 rods set up when cleaning revolver. One with a brush the other with a jag
The other day I decided to get a good, one piece pistol cleaning, so I went shopping on Amazon. I decided on a Hoppes Elite carbon fiber 8 inch pistol rod. The handle is rubberized for a good grip and contains ball bearings which the rod rotates on are pretty slick. I gave it a try on a gun that I was in the middle of cleaning when it was delivered and I like it so far.
Tool Measuring instrument Hammer drill

·
Registered
19,469 Posts
All I ever use now, CF rods, nylon bore brushes and nylon patch pullers or push jags. Have to because I only use BTE for cleaning every bore and BTE will destroy a brass bore brush and give false copper readings with anything brass.

Used to use Sweets solvent but it stinks so bad I quit. BTE has no smell at all.

Have a bunch of brass bore brushes and jags if anyone wants them. Just collecting dust in my essentials box.

·
Super Moderator
19,913 Posts
Flip, I'll pick up those brushes and jags on my trip next month. See, now I have a really good reason to stop by.
So, with that said, I'll see you in a few weeks.

Regards,
Gregory

·
Registered
19,469 Posts
Flip, I'll pick up those brushes and jags on my trip next month. See, now I have a really good reason to stop by.
So, with that said, I'll see you in a few weeks.

Regards,
Gregory
No problem. Only one you cannot have is the BIG one I use as a chamber brush. Maybe, if the weather is conducive, I'll get the 460 out. Everyone needs to shoot a cannon. Bring ear protection with you. I have ear plugs if you don't.

·
Registered
19,469 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
19,469 Posts
Dewey for my long guns, Hoppe's for the handguns, works for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts