Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Beautiful place sir, consider me envious. And I had to “like” your last post on the negative comment you received, I was wondering if anyone but me had noticed the constant “mines always better than yours” attitude.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That is an absolutely beautiful home and the out buildings and surrounding property is amazing. Are the logs and interior cedar? The interior looks like one of them TV show makeovers, of course it would have to be a pro 2nd amendment crew. I remember the pictures when you bought the property and saying your wife had to work a few more years. Man, time fly's, you're almost there to full retirement and looks like it's paying off really well. Hopefully the market where your old house is is as hot as it here and other places and it goes quick. Wishing you both a blessed and great retirement.

·
Registered
19,418 Posts
Congratulations on realizing a dream in your life. Hope you and wife enjoy it to your fullest. Looks like retirement just took a giant leap up the satisfaction scale.

·
Administrator
8,274 Posts
That is just fantastic! Every part of it. Congratulations!

·
Super Moderator
34,005 Posts
Thanks for sharing, those are wonderful pictures and looks like a great place to live and hang out in peace and quiet!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
First, congratulations on retirement and the upcoming opportunity for your wife to retire. Pray for a lucrative early retirement package. I got one of those, and shaved a few years off what was at that point a 31 year career in the computer industry that started in Chicago.

When I retired (and I've done it twice - once from the computer career, and a second time from the University where I worked as a technician for our PBS television network for 10 more years) I learned the most important thing in life. When you retire you get ALL your time back. Every second of it.

I love to see a family with a plan, and the will and work to carry it out. You have a wonderful life ahead of you in one of the most beautiful environments I've ever seen. When's the forum meet and greet party? (I'm half kidding, and really don't invite myself into people's homes - but... your "teaser" here is overwhelming)...

I started my work in Chicago where I grew up, and got out of there in 1980. With the loss of my mom and dad, I now rarely return to Illinois, but still have some relatives in Western Illinois I enjoy visiting. It will be a relief to leave it behind. I moved to New York and then to North Carolina and have not looked back.

Keep living the dream. It's the reward of responsibility and the promise of American liberty.
Thank you! I still have to pinch myself to make sure it isn't all a dream. I made it through my 30 year career with my focus concentrated on this end goal. It was a lot of hard work and sacrifice, but the pay off is working out well.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Thanks for sharing, those are wonderful pictures and looks like a great place to live and hang out in peace and quiet!
Thanks Wendy! Lightning Lauren hit the 8" steel plate at 335 yard with her first shot from my Sig Sauer 516 Patrol Rifle! She was surprised, but I wasn't! She's still got it!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Outstanding piece of property and dwelling. I am afraid I would have such a hard time staying off the lake and out of the woods that my to do list would suffer. Hope all of the rest of your plans work out too.
Ha! So true! The dock is right out the sliding glass door from the sunroom. I keep my fishing pole with my favorite bass lure in place with a rotating clip. Every morning I step out on the dock and cast. The crappie fight like crazy and are a decent size. The bass fight over which one gets to devour the lure. The bluegills are big enough to get caught on the bass lure too! One day I'll have to try and catch the albino catfish that we have. The woods are a constant fascination to explore.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
When I first opened this I thought I'd seen your beautiful place on here before. But when you replied to Daryl I knew it was the same place. Good luck, it looks truly like a slice of heaven. I'm in FL as is my GF, who, by the way, is a Tennessee squire so we are big JD fans especially Single Barrel Select & Barrel Proof. Wouldn't mind supplying you with some at your future S&W forum BBQ! Good luck and enjoy your personal slice of heaven.
Thanks Bluecar! A Tennessee squire indeed! We're going to enjoy it as much as we possibly can, even cutting the grass!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What a beautiful home and compound and lake and woods and range, etc. You have really made it look homey and comfortable and welcoming. What a great job you have done. All of the people look so happy in your photos. Wonderful!

It was a joy to look at all of your magnificent photos. Thanks for showing it all to us.

I wish for you all a long and healthy, full and interesting life in your new gorgeous home, a life full of laughter and love and fun and Smith & Wessons.
Thanks Collects! We are trying our best to make it our personalized home. We are the third owners. Our style is up cycled, repurposed, and reused! It has been fun having friends and family down and they do enjoy themselves. We're thinking the pictures on the swing are going to be a "thing."

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
First, congratulations on retirement and the upcoming opportunity for your wife to retire. Pray for a lucrative early retirement package. I got one of those, and shaved a few years off what was at that point a 31 year career in the computer industry that started in Chicago.

When I retired (and I've done it twice - once from the computer career, and a second time from the University where I worked as a technician for our PBS television network for 10 more years) I learned the most important thing in life. When you retire you get ALL your time back. Every second of it.

I love to see a family with a plan, and the will and work to carry it out. You have a wonderful life ahead of you in one of the most beautiful environments I've ever seen. When's the forum meet and greet party? (I'm half kidding, and really don't invite myself into people's homes - but... your "teaser" here is overwhelming)...

I started my work in Chicago where I grew up, and got out of there in 1980. With the loss of my mom and dad, I now rarely return to Illinois, but still have some relatives in Western Illinois I enjoy visiting. It will be a relief to leave it behind. I moved to New York and then to North Carolina and have not looked back.

Keep living the dream. It's the reward of responsibility and the promise of American liberty.
mrerick, we've already got the retiree package done so that's all taken care of. We'll still be heading back to Illinois since we too have relatives and our daughter back in the state.

·
Registered
23,394 Posts
Beautiful place Steve! Be hard to find anything nicer on Earth. Now if you can convince Lauren to live nearby...

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
135 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures and sharing your plans. Very nice, and very tastefully decorated!
You are blessed to live in such a beautiful place, so enjoy every day as if it is your last.
I hope to retire in 3 years, and if I can, it will be 7 years earlier than uncle sam has planned. Kind of depends on the way things go in our country over the next 3 years, and how much money I have left after the current idiots get through with the economy.
Happy retirement to you, and your wife!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Beautiful place Steve! Be hard to find anything nicer on Earth. Now if you can convince Lauren to live nearby...
It's okay. She was the president of theater in high school and loved English. She graduated summa cum laude with her degree in high school English and was hired at her high school. She now teaches English and theater and has been in charge of the school plays/musicals (or what they've been allowed to do, due to the virus). She has a career set and has all her friends in Illinois. We'll visit her often!

21 - 40 of 55 Posts