1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
I was looking at the inventory of a large gun shop about an hour away the other day. This is the size shop that will advertise a sale on Model xx and have 50 or 60 of them on hand. The only Rugers they were showing in stock were the Big bore revolvers and MkIV target 22’s with long barrels. Everything else gone

·
Super Moderator
14,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The LGS where I help out (informally) is very low on stock on anything tactical in nature.

I managed to sell a number of rifles through them because they didn't have new products available. They have been selling for ridiculous prices to boot...

.22LR stuff is not so much in demand except at lower costs.

Ammunition in standard calibers is very difficult to get from distributors, and it sells out in 24 hours.

Most new stuff that is in demand sells out the same day it arrives.

As a manufacturer, Ruger is one of the most conservative operations I've ever encountered. No debt. Ever. Since Ruger and Sturm started things out in 1949. That and they have some non-firearm but technology related subsidiaries like PineTree Castings to help them when things get slow.

Reading the transcript I linked to earlier helps you understand the pride they have in the stability of the company. I'm happy so far. I even like their products. Their Ruger American pistol (their entry for the US Military pistol competition that lost) is an outstanding modern full size handgun. Their revolvers are legendary, whether the single action guns or the SP101 / GP100 line.

I know we're a S&W forum, but think Ruger is worth mentioning when they do this well in the marketplace. S&W should be doing well in it's new structure as well.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The only gun I bought this entire calendar year (2021) was a brand new Ruger LCP II in .22 LR. (y)

And now I am interested in the LCP Max. I will likely pick one up if/when it ever becomes MA-compliant. (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts