Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wanted to shoot one of Charter Arms Bulldogs. I bought this one Sat. off a local site. I got the gun, case and speed loader along with a box of ammo. The little gun is in very good condition. This one was made at the Stratford Conn. plant before Charter arms was reorganized. From what I've read the guns made in this time frame were built better. This man told me he had fired 50 rounds of the 100 he'd bought. I looked at the box I got
with the gun and I figured out why he sold it. He had bought some 240 gr. loads that are 800+ fps.
I shot a few of my 210s yest. These are all I want for this little gun. Great little house gun for the money.
Cliff image.jpeg

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 357 bulldog, two 38 special charter arms and a 44 special bulldog with 3 inch barrel...All are great shooters! love the charter arms revolvers. My last Charter Arms purchase was a 1983 Charter Police 38 special 6 round. I sent it to Charter arms to have it inspected. Came back literally like new and best of all.....NO CHARGE!

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Bulldog...

...I figured out why he sold it. He had bought some 240 gr. loads that are 800+ fps.
Yep, it will spank your hand with that load. I bought another new Bulldog but, after four trips back to the factory without it ever being fixed, my dealer refunded my money. Won't be buying any more. Will just keep this one as a "Son of Sam" conversation piece.

076 Charter Arms Bulldog stamp.JPG

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Here's mine
BDAfter1-2.jpg

Even older than yours - from the original factory in Bridgeport.
I've replaced the heavy Pachmayr Compacs with a set of lighter factory wood grips like the ones in Blackcloud2's photo.
The wood grips are a little bigger than the Pachmayrs, but they are not only less weight, they also fit my hand better too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts