Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
19,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just filed my very 1st form 1 for an SBR I'm building. If I had known it was that easy I would have done more of these. When everything is said and done I'll be adding my can to it.
It's an MP40 9mm Pistol, and I'm adding the ATI folding stock to it as soon as I get my tax stamp back.
For now the stock is in the safe where I work, and I'll be getting it out soon if everything goes right. Without the tax stamp, the stock and "Pistol" can't legally be in the same place at the same time.

And when it's all put together and finished it'll look like this. My grandsons will have an awesome time shooting this one, that's for sure.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
I like it! I shot a real WW2 , full auto MP40 a while back. They have a fairly slow rate of fire, which makes it very controllable. I bet some grandsons with young nimble fingers could come pretty close to if not equal that rate of fire with that one. Puts a smile on my face just thinking about them shooting it

· Super Moderator
19,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grandson's, Nathan is 14, Israel is 11. They both play games like World of Warfare, and they think the MP40 is way cool. When they heard I got and MP40 pistol to have some fun with they were totally shocked that I had one, and that they would be able to shoot it makes it even better. Now that it'll be a rifle they will have better control and accuracy.
As of now they have no idea that I've turned it into a rifle. Hopefully, when we see them next, it'll be here for them to shoot.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
Candidly, I don't see the point but whatever blows your dress up I guess.
The point is FUN!! Of course often one mans fun is another mans pain, but I am sure his grandkids will love it, and that is the point.
I'll bet Gregory will even have fun with it

· Registered
1,942 Posts
My Dad picked up a Schmessier back in the '50s that was a Dewat. It had a letter from the IRS that said it was legal. He was a machinist and he fixed it so t would fire. I actually found the letter several years ago.
Bet if the cops woulda figgered it out he woulda been arrested.:eek:
Jim

· Registered
18,087 Posts
My Dad picked up a Schmessier back in the '50s that was a Dewat. It had a letter from the IRS that said it was legal. He was a machinist and he fixed it so t would fire. I actually found the letter several years ago.
Bet if the cops woulda figgered it out he woulda been arrested.:eek:
Jim
I know someone that ordered 2 de-milled sten guns back in the early 80's from 2 different places. The guns were each disabled in a different way. I know one had a hole in the barrel. He was pretty mechanically inclined and good at improvising things and seemed to think that he could get enough parts off the 2 to make 1 that worked. Don't know how it turned out. I believe the Sten's were about $30 each

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.