Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post and I would never normally ask something like this but I know the m&p 10 is all proprietary stuff...can't even easily replace my barrel for a 20" barrel...

Anyway, I had bought a magpul MOE rifle stock. I didn't realize it is for an a2 buffer. I could return it and just get a milspec collapsible but I don't like the look of it for how far back I will have it..and ill have to pin it since i'm in NJ.

Can I get an a2 buffer tube and swap it right in? like so? AR-15/M16 A2 RIFLE BUFFER TUBE ASSEMBLY | Brownells

·
Registered
546 Posts
OOHH . . . . . . Welcome CITIZEN !

In order to even point a direction, you need to collect a piece of info.
Buffer adapters and or tubes have two sides of the fence. its either "mil spec", and all thats available which is plenty.
Or its "commercial", and all thats available which is plenty.
I can't tell ya if the M&P is mil or commercial, Magpul, S&W and someone here might already know.
You have to know what the M&P is before anything. I wouldn't send or buy anything more till you get that.
Best bet . . . call Magpul, they know and sell a bunch every week, and correct mil or commercial issues on what is what.
There is a ton of buffers, tubes, adapters, stocks, etc out there. Good luck pickin one out!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts