Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice podcast, about an hour long. One interesting stat: 1.2 billion shotshells purchased in the US on an annual average with 200 million being used on opening dove weekend alone..................................

·
Registered
26,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another tidbit:
9 months + to fill the shelves if the insanity stops. Everything they produce is sold for the most part of the year so they are not taking any new orders; the backlog is THAT huge.

Reactions: Breakaway500

·
Registered
19,491 Posts
Nice podcast, about an hour long. One interesting stat: 1.2 billion shotshells purchased in the US on an annual average with 200 million being used on opening dove weekend alone..................................
Must be some dam pizz poor scattergun shooters...........................

·
Registered
26,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fiocchi is, but as he said, you don't just go down to Walmart and buy this equipment. And without the ability to get the necessary quantities of raw materials, what good is the extra capacity.

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
Fiocchi is, but as he said, you don't just go down to Walmart and buy this equipment. And without the ability to get the necessary quantities of raw materials, what good is the extra capacity.
Without the equipment what's the point of having more raw materials? They have have to deal with both issues.

It's not like they don't know how to get these things done.

·
Registered
26,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Knowuing how and being able to do so are not the same. They know how; but if the equipment makers have delays and the raw aterials have substantial delays, the impact is still there. For Fiocchi shotshells, their primed hulls come from their factory in Italy which Covid has severely impacted, especially trans-Atlantic shipping

·
Registered
19,491 Posts
No impact here whatsoever but then, I always plan ahead anyway.

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
Knowuing how and being able to do so are not the same. They know how; but if the equipment makers have delays and the raw materials have substantial delays, the impact is still there. For Fiocchi shotshells, their primed hulls come from their factory in Italy which Covid has severely impacted, especially trans-Atlantic shipping
That's called "being in business". Happens every day.

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Trying to stay ahead of the game , but it's hard to keep up. Kinda sorry I bought the AR. Hard to find ammo. I probably would have been better off loading up on 30-30 and 45-70 for my hunting rifles. 357 , 44 mag&44 Special , 9mm are scarse as hens teeth. I do however have about 10k of 22's...the struggle is real.

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
Trying to stay ahead of the game , but it's hard to keep up. Kinda sorry I bought the AR. Hard to find ammo. I probably would have been better off loading up on 30-30 and 45-70 for my hunting rifles. 357 , 44 mag&44 Special , 9mm are scarse as hens teeth. I do however have about 10k of 22's...the struggle is real.
Federal XM193 NATO Rifle Ammunition 5.56mm 55gr FMJ 3165 fps 400/ct (Can)

Almost a buck a round with a can.

CCI Blazer Brass Handgun Ammunition 9mm Luger 115 gr FMJ 1145 fps 1000/ct Loose Pack

$0.50/rd. Good price. You may as well grab it. I have to wait 2-3 days to have an account. Can't buy it without a FOID card here. It'll probably be gone by then.

·
Registered
19,491 Posts
All I have to say is, nice to reload and extra nice to have plenty to reload I have 1000 55 grain spire point boat tails in .224 sitting in front of me while I type this and over 1000 Federal cases cleaned in STS, annealed, FL resized and primed waiting for propellant and pills inserted.

I recently sold 1000 to a guy up town for a buck a round, cash. The 1000 to be reloaded will bring my round count back to around 4000 give or take. I don't even own a black gun....lol I do have a 223 bolt gun and my Mini however. .223 makes a dandy Whitetail round under 125 yards.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts