Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now some of you probably already know this.... where as I was unaware of it till the other day....in all the years of casually glancing at the outline of the antlered Whitetail buck deer, their is an image of a doe in the negative area......talk about not seeing the forest for the trees.....cool. di7edeb7T.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
19,637 Posts
I saw that a few years back. Somebody on one of the other gun forums pointed it out back then as well.
Browning thinks about things that are important, but not too much so, before the average layman thinks of it.
I believer this was intentional from the very beginning.

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
After all of this time, this is the first I've noticed it too....................

Thanks for pointing it out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in and out of this safe a number of times during the week in the last 6 years....never noticed it....DUH.....oh well it's like when Sherlock Holmes used to tell Dr. Watson....."Yes old fellow, you observe, but do you actually see " ? IMG_20160921_163812334.jpg

·
Registered
14,054 Posts
I remember getting an email a few years back that pointed out the hidden image in many common logo's. the only one I remember is Fed Ex having an arrow hidden in the negative space between the E and the X. Here it is highlighted in green in the lower image.
fedex-logo-arrow.jpg

·
Registered
23,400 Posts
There's an interesting story in the October 2016 American Rifleman magazine re: Browning's new ammo. Apparently the logo designer, Art Director Don Bailey, didn't realize it contained the doe image when he drew it in 1977 until it was pointed out by others.

Reactions: riverrat

·
Premium Member
11,853 Posts
I bet the doe is none too happy about this.

Reactions: Injunbro

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Learned something real interesting about the FedEx logo from one of their depot guys...
The color of the 'EX' in the logo shows which service the truck/trailer is in.
The one to watch for is an aqua-color 'EX'...That's Custom Critical, as in Formula 1, or Indy car engines, etc.
You seldom see one, but when you do it's REAL important stuff !
Don
;)

·
Super Moderator
34,028 Posts
That is pretty cool, I have never noticed the doe before!

Reactions: riverrat
1 - 14 of 14 Posts