Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah... I know this is a S&W forum... but here goes... This is the stock photo:

It's the classic full size SIG semi-auto used by Navy Seal teams... built with some internal upgrades including a chrome lined barrel and phosphate finished interior.

The one I received was made this month, shipped directly from SIG. It's got a good out of the box trigger as well...

Now to get to the range.

·
Registered
24,433 Posts
Looks great. Congrats! Will be waiting for range report soon.:cool:

Reactions: mrerick and bruce

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
I've had the Mk-25 for several years now. Helpful hint: The Sig P-226 Elite uses the same magazines. They are both a pleasure to shoot. I find both of mine prefer the 124's, but that may just be me.

Reactions: mrerick

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
4,000 Posts
nice.. ive had an eye out for one of these for a while. My SIL is a SIG fan and ive shot some of his but always wanted to give the MK-25 a whirl.. good luck with it..

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I have an older P226 previously owned by a LEO. It was his undercover piece. Before that it was a former pistol that came to him from the FBI...I got it over 30 yrs. ago. Oldie but a very nice goodie. The new Sig's are super pistols. I wish mine could talk.

Reactions: mrerick

·
Administrator
8,185 Posts
Nice!
I'm very impressed with my new Sig P365. I've always heard good things about Sig pistols and I'm beginning to see why.

·
Premium Member
11,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an older police surplus P229 in .40S&W that is a very good pistol. Shot some, carried a lot. Just loaded up 1,000 rounds of 185gn .40 S&W to feed it properly.

The polymer SIG pistols are well made, and very light (in the case of the P365 also very compact). I've also loaded some 125gn FMJ and 147gn truncated cone to feed my 9mm guns...

Both these have the machined slide. Early SIG pistols in this series had folded and welded slides made in their German facility. It's all US now, with newer precision computer driven machine tools in use.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have an older police surplus P229 in .40S&W that is a very good pistol. Shot some, carried a lot. Just loaded up 1,000 rounds of 185gn .40 S&W to feed it properly.

The polymer SIG pistols are well made, and very light (in the case of the P365 also very compact). I've also loaded some 125gn FMJ and 147gn truncated cone to feed my 9mm guns...

Both these have the machined slide. Early SIG pistols in this series had folded and welded slides made in their German facility. It's all US now, with newer precision computer driven machine tools in use.
Is it a MD county police P229 in 40?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts