Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I've done 4 of my buddy's rides counting this Bronco. The other's are his 72 Nova with my built 383 roller, 1958 F1 pickup with my built 408/351 W, 40 Tudor with my rebuilt LS1. This Bronco came to him with factory V8 with a 5 speed and a twin stick. I replaced driver's front fender and door skin then painted it,
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Window
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
848 Posts
Great looking old Bronco. They have became very valuable in recent years.
I had a decent 1967 bronco that was all there, but pretty much needed everything. Never got around to restoring it, and got tired of storing it. Like a moron, I sold it to an acquaintance for a very reasonable price 10 years ago.
With what a rusty junker is bringing these days, it now seems like i sold mine for chump change.
Live and learn..
New ones have some reported engine issues, as does a lot of new vehicles, of all makes, these days.

·
Registered
40,997 Posts
That is one helluva bumper to hold that spare like that. I remember the old ones had the tire holder on the body and bumper. Love those handyman jacks; had one for my old 72 ScoutII; saved my butt on a few occasions out in the northern NV landscape.

Reactions: SBC1320

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new Bronco's with 4 doors do not look like a bronco should. A bronco should only have two doors like your friends. :love:
I agree they messed up the new dodge charger also when they gave it 4 doors and did the same with the impala ss as far as I'm concerned.. Haven't made a 4 door Mustang yet or a 4 door Camaro, but give them time and they will screw those names up as well. I understand the need for family oriented 4 doors, but give them their own name. I think they Ford has some truck now they call a Maverick which used to be the car.

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
New ones have some reported engine issues, as does a lot of new vehicles, of all makes, these days.
Seems as though Fords is having a lot more issues than anyone else with their 'eco boost' motors. Timing chain issues as well as ECM problems. Don't want one. I see the new 'Maverick' Ford came out with is also having drive train issues.

Wife likes the new Ford Bronco (full size not the Bronco 2) which is really an Escape with a different body on it and they are no longer assembled stateside anyway.

Even though we get employee pricing, not in the cards at all, way too overpriced for us.

The automakers have priced their offerings out of reach for the average person today.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I've lost count of the old Broncos I've owned. Heck, the big utilites in SoCal used early Broncos for daily use patrolling electric transmission lines and gas transmission line easements.
Like the idiot I am, I sold my last '66 Bronco "factory roadster" I got out of Wickenburg Az. Bone stock it was and rare as hell. This is when I thought I was dying but it turns out,
I'm even too dumb to die. So now? I live Broncoless. I am a poster boy for stupid. I've owned 10 early Broncos and still miss em' The joke of the early ones is, "unsafe at any speed" ;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
I dont like the new bronco either, nor do I like the new mustang. In fact there is not a car or truck from any of the makers that is really that exciting to me.
I would like to by another new F250 with a diesel engine, but the aluminum body makes me cringe.
I bet if you look at it cross ways, it would dent. The expedition that brother has, is about 10 years old, and has aluminum hood and rear hatch. A low mileage garage kept, not driven in the salt vehicle, and the paint is starting to turn loose.

Yes if seems the Eco- boost is not too great, especially in a truck, and the 5.0 is not much better.
The thing is, Its not only Ford but others as well, that are making turd engines.

I think if all goes back to the government putting their 2 cents worth in.
I cant remember what its called, but every year, our Uncle tightens the mileage requirements a little more.
Smaller and smaller engines, wound ever more tightly, and transmissions with 6 - 10 gears to take advantage of the power curve of a tiny little motor. Up shifts and down shifts create heat, and wear, to transmissions fail sooner, and an engine wound tight, does not last as long, as one that is running at a lower RPM.

Not much different than a craper that takes 2 flushes now, because it uses 1.5 gallons of water per flush, in stead of three.
So now everyone has a crap covered plunger spreading germs sitting by the craper, and you have to flush twice to flush anything down larger than a cigarette butt.
Thanks Uncle...

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
What is even worse is the Bronco SPORT:eek:
As for the Maverick it's like a tinker toy!

My next truck/non truck is the Hyundai Santa Cruz
Saw one in the parking lot and it is more than you think it may be!
My age and living in Florida I do not need a rock crawler or a Rapter:)

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I've been a Ford guy all my life. NO LONGER new ones. I have a dealer one mile from the casa and I won't bother to look at them. When the fools at Ford starting in 2015 no longer had the 5.4 in an Expedition, and replaced that big wagon with a 6 ??? That did it. I'm done.
I have two pre '15 Expeditions. Now looking for another low mileage one. It's like having a 1/2 ton station wagon and I love em'. They tow the horse and car trailers with zero effort and loads of rescue pups
By the way, I've heard nothing good about new Broncos.

Reactions: SBC1320

·
Registered
12,115 Posts
What is even worse is the Bronco SPORT:eek:
As for the Maverick it's like a tinker toy!

My next truck/non truck is the Hyundai Santa Cruz
Saw one in the parking lot and it is more than you think it may be!
My age and living in Florida I do not need a rock crawler or a Rapter:)

View attachment 563361
I saw one in town the other day and it's an eye catcher. What milage are you getting?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts