Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was doing my mantis x dry firing practice and had a weird malfunction. Racked the gun same malfunction took the firearm apart and realized there was excessive play in the striker assembly took it apart and radar got this picture. Has anyone else had this happen to them ?
Going to email smith and see if they'll send me a replacement not going to lie this waviers my trust in smith and wesson

·
Premium Member
13,690 Posts
Now, that's an interesting manufacturing defect... I've not seen it before. S&W customer service it likely to want it for failure evaluation - they will probably offer to repair the entire pistol for you, not just send you a part. Personally, I'd take them up on that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
So I was doing my mantis x dry firing practice and had a weird malfunction. Racked the gun same malfunction took the firearm apart and realized there was excessive play in the striker assembly took it apart and radar got this picture. Has anyone else had this happen to them ?
Going to email smith and see if they'll send me a replacement not going to lie this waviers my trust in smith and wesson
View attachment 481178
It takes away from my faith in S&W too; and there seems to be an attitude of "get em out the door, and let the warranty handle any mistakes". And it is all over the place, gun companies like Ruger, and Taurus, have gotten sloppy too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was at the PD range today for qualification,
2 NIB M&P 2.0 are going back to the factory for KB’s using Winchester white box. No split case or squibs. Unless it was a double charge of powder no quality control anymore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts