Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shooting my 15/22 when al of a sudden it would not go in to battery. The bolt would not close all the way. Took it to my gunsmith and he told me that the barrel moved/twisted. He called S&W and they told him they do not sell the parts that he need to fix it so he did not take it apart and I sent it to Smith&Wesson. What ever was wrong was not covered by their warranty. So I paid about $200 to have them fix it.
here is the kicker....... I sent the 15/22 to them mid Oct, by Nov 11 on my third call to them to find out what was happening to my gun is when I was told it would cost me to fix it. So I said fix it and paid that day. Here it is Dec 10th and 4 calls to S&W I was told several times that it was in shipping and then told is was still being repaired then I was told it is back in shipping and that I would get an Email this week from shipping! Well no Email yet!
Has anyone else had problems with their 15/22 that they had to send it in?
Did I make a good choice in buying this 15/22 or should I have Bought a Ruger 10/22?

·
Banned
5,031 Posts
Any firearm can break down. If rifle was sent to Massachusetts for repair maybe the pandemic has messed them up. I guess you wanted AR style rifle compared to traditional style of the 10/22. Even Ruger has it issues. I am sure once fixed it will come back to you in good shape.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do understand about the pandemic, I work in the Hospital on a Military Base. My issue was when I call I am told the rifle is in repair and to call back at the end of the week and then I am told it is in shipping and look for an Email in the next few days to see that it shipped and for tracking number. After a week go buy I call and then I am told it is still in repair. Then I was question if I paid for the repairs and when? Three days later I am told that it is defiantly in shipping and I should have it in a week. Well 10 days go by and no rifle or Email I called and I was told by a nice lady that she would look into what is going on because she could not see if it is in service or shipping and she would call me back that day or the following day. That was 8 DEC and here it is 11 DEC and now call, no email, no nothing!!!!!
Is this a common problem with Smith & Wesson Service?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was out shooting my 15/22 when al of a sudden it would not go in to battery. The bolt would not close all the way. Took it to my gunsmith and he told me that the barrel moved/twisted. He called S&W and they told him they do not sell the parts that he need to fix it so he did not take it apart and I sent it to Smith&Wesson. What ever was wrong was not covered by their warranty. So I paid about $200 to have them fix it.
here is the kicker....... I sent the 15/22 to them mid Oct, by Nov 11 on my third call to them to find out what was happening to my gun is when I was told it would cost me to fix it. So I said fix it and paid that day. Here it is Dec 10th and 4 calls to S&W I was told several times that it was in shipping and then told is was still being repaired then I was told it is back in shipping and that I would get an Email this week from shipping! Well no Email yet!
Has anyone else had problems with their 15/22 that they had to send it in?
Did I make a good choice in buying this 15/22 or should I have Bought a Ruger 10/22?
Sounds like we have very similar stories. They tried to charge me for warranty work. Look for my saga under my posts. I don't recommend these people for rifles. I'm a fan boy of their pistols but they won't back their rifles. They also returned with a part missing. Thanks for that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I do understand about the pandemic, I work in the Hospital on a Military Base. My issue was when I call I am told the rifle is in repair and to call back at the end of the week and then I am told it is in shipping and look for an Email in the next few days to see that it shipped and for tracking number. After a week go buy I call and then I am told it is still in repair. Then I was question if I paid for the repairs and when? Three days later I am told that it is defiantly in shipping and I should have it in a week. Well 10 days go by and no rifle or Email I called and I was told by a nice lady that she would look into what is going on because she could not see if it is in service or shipping and she would call me back that day or the following day. That was 8 DEC and here it is 11 DEC and now call, no email, no nothing!!!!!
Is this a common problem with Smith & Wesson Service?
I'm curious as to how your saga ended. So what happened?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts