Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys... I left my SCSW3 at work this afternoon. After work I stopped at my local gun store, and bought a brand new 642 airweight. I fell in love with it, even though it has the lock. I won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday, because I have to get to my County Clerk's office to put it on my permit, and I live the next county over. Anyways...... how do you guys like yours? What is a decent IWB holster, preferably leather, and what dash are they up to now (642-?) Thanks everyone... :p

·
Registered
753 Posts
Ahh the ultimate in a mouse gun. I don't have the 642 because I'm anti lock, but it could be neutered easily if so desired.
I carry the stainless cousin of your 38 which is the 649 bodyguard.
Here is a picture of my old hump back revolver.

The best inside holster is the Bianchi Model 120 – Covert Option that I came across. This has the metal mouthed leather with the belt loops. It can be reholstered with 1 hand, which is a big plus. The gun fits tightly with no chance of popping out. A conventional holster won't work because it's hammer less. Here is the link so you can check it out. http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Pro ... odelID=120

Many times I stuff it in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, http://journal.drfaulken.com/desantis-n ... er-review/ but on my motor cycle I carry it in the model 120.
Have fun

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
I believe if you look in the crane area you will see yours is a 642-2. I have the same gun and really like it. Constant companion kind of thing. Mine rides in an old nameless suede IWB that I have had for years. I do need to find a decent OWB holster for it, preferably leather.

Lock aside, You can not go wrong with the 642. FWIW, mine still has the lock but I am thinking seriously of doing away with it.

Shaun

·
Registered
898 Posts
Great gun...I have the 442 but it's hard chromed...for holsters, less is more since they are so light...a simple clip on works for me...but I also have a few high end rigs for it...as for the lock, I'd just shoot a few hundred rounds through it and if it runs okay, leave it alone..

Alessi Bodyguard shoulder rig....Renegade ankle....Del Fatti ISP-DD (named after me)....and a pocket holster I made from a simple Uncle Mike's with the clip removed....

·
Registered
19,786 Posts
Alot of guys here like the Don Hume IWB holsters for the J frame. Mine has belt loops, but you can also get a clip-on. I think it was called the H-715M, others can chime in. Check out the Don Hume website.......He makes nice, fairly reasonably priced holsters.

There is a place that sells holsters cheap. Might be in
South Carolina. :roll: I'll check it out again. I haven't bought a holster in years.....plus....I am 60 years old, ya' know!!! ;) Bob

I found it! Many different holster makers here. Gunner's Alley gives you good pricing and fast service.

http://www.gunnersalley.com/

·
Registered
898 Posts
If you like appendix carry, check out http://www.sideguardholsters.com He is a member on the other board and people seem to be very happy with his wares...his minimal clip looks nice for 35 bucks....it's not reinforced at the mouth but that only makes it thicker in your pants and most feel one handed re-holstering isn't that necessary for CCW. I'd recommend my ISP, but there's a 2 year wait.....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys... I knew you'd come through...

·
Registered
619 Posts
f150guy said:
:::: After work I stopped at my local gun store, and bought a brand new 642 airweight. I fell in love with it, even though it has the lock. :::: Anyways...... how do you guys like yours? :p

Congrats on one of S&W's most popular pistols. These are simply too handy and useful not to have; simply great little .38s. I really wish I could justify buying a few of them, they are that good.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 642 w/ Crimson Trace boot grips ( laser). I use the DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster. This combo works well for me.
Good luck w/ your setup. Toughbreak

1 - 11 of 11 Posts