Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Innocent or Guilty?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I'm the wrong person to ask. I've never been emotionally attached to any gun. I bought them, and I'll sell them as wanted/needed. Have I ever regreted selling one? Sure I have. I just went out and bought another one just like it. Big deal. They're just guns and are meant to be bought, sold, traded and swapped. Some I've made money on. Most I lost, some big time. Again, big deal. That's just the cost of owning something I wanted at the time.

If you're happy, I'm happy for you.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm the wrong person to ask. I've never been emotionally attached to any gun. I bought them, and I'll sell them as wanted/needed. Have I ever regreted selling one? Sure I have. I just went out and bought another one just like it. Big deal. They're just guns and are meant to be bought, sold, traded and swapped. Some I've made money on. Most I lost, some big time. Again, big deal. That's just the cost of owning something I wanted at the time.

If you're happy, I'm happy for you.
my thoughts exactly. I buy what I want (that was the idea of working my whole life) when I see it and decide I can’t live without it. Some of my used to be favorites gets cut from the herd just because I don’t think I want them anymore. That’s just how it works. I have 4 right now that I will be letting go of soon, a nice 29-2 4” and my 586 4” no dash no M plus a couple semi autos. I remember saying I would never part with the 586, now eh’ no big deal.

·
Super Moderator
15,785 Posts
Collect what you're interested in.

If someone else is more interested in it than you are, be kind and share.

Don't overextend yourself - live within your means.

Once your actual defense needs are taken care of, the rest is really optional. Buy what you like and can afford.

When you can sell firearms for more than they cost you, and use that to acquire firearms that you never thought you can afford - that is a sensible rational exchange.

In time, most firearms will appreciate in value. Take your time, and don't deal emotionally.

Reactions: jeepnut
21 - 24 of 24 Posts