Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Innocent or Guilty?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
S&W 36, 29-2, 686-4, 696 no-, and a crapload of others.
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barb has found that I've been really nutz in the past couple of months! I decided to go with my desires and went off the rails; in the past two months I sold my 1903 A3, M1 carbine, 1873 trapdoor Springfield, Marlin Model 60, Henry .22 pump, traded my Remington 870 12 ga., and gave my nephew a 1911. I've now got an SA35, a Henry pump in .22 WMR, a Henry Frontier Model in .22 WMR, and two (2) Winchester Defenders in 20 ga. (gave one to my daughter). Not much has been said thus far, but it's been awfully chilly here in The Land of Enchantment! I had good reason for every move I've made, and I left my S&W revolvers in the gun safe where they belong.
(1) I've become recoil sensitive in my old arthritic age; so, the 1903 A3, the 1873 (.45-70 govt.), and the 870 were not really useful to me anymore and I wanted less bump.
(2) The 2 Winchesters were a lucky find and Cabela's gave me more than I thought the 870 was really worth in the trade.
(3) I've always wanted a Hi Power and the SA35 is made in the USA (add in whatever other excuses you can think of here) ...
(4) I sold the 1903 A3 and the M1 Carbine to a 92 Y/O collector and his 62 y/o son, so I know they'll be cared for and treasured as I did.
(5) I also did quite well in the sale of the ammo.

So, my fellow aficionados, the defense rests. Am I acquitted on the basis of temporary insanity or am I found guilty of second childhood greed?

On Appeal: I got far more $$ for everything than I paid for them.

· Banned
2,291 Posts
So, my fellow aficionados, the defense rests. Am I acquitted on the basis of temporary insanity or am I found guilty of second childhood greed?
Oh, totally not guilty. In fact, I admire you. I should be so active in the aquiring and disposal game, but I've got other things currently stealing my time (and money). Looks to me like you are doing everything right. (y)

On Appeal: I got far more $$ for everything than I paid for them.
Immaterial in this age of crazy inflation... unless you were dumping cheap plastic. :ROFLMAO: Still... totally innocent! (y)

· Registered
5,772 Posts
What method(s) did you use to sell off all these??

I need to liquidate some. I do not go to gun shows (would not matter anymore as one guy that owns owns the Shows so you have to be a FFL/ I dread Gunbroaker (I have used it but its a lot of work) Only a few shops around here and they are worse than a pawn shop!
Bad enough selling something you bought for a reason and then getting hosed selling it

· Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What method(s) did you use to sell off all these??

I need to liquidate some. I do not go to gun shows (would not matter anymore as one guy that owns owns the Shows so you have to be a FFL/ I dread Gunbroaker (I have used it but its a lot of work) Only a few shops around here and they are worse than a pawn shop!
Bad enough selling something you bought for a reason and then getting hosed selling it
I actually used a newspaper ad. It was only luck that bought us together. In NM we have to go to an FFL, but I have a friend who is a FFL so, costs were kept down.

· Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The charges have been dropped! I got off on a technicality: I didn't sell 'her' 1911. It's nothing special just a GI Springfield Armory 1911 that we've had for 24 years, but she considered it to be hers; she likes to shoot with it. I couldn't understand why she was upset until she asked why I sold it without talking to her. Sez I, "I didn't sell any 1911". "Why didn't you tell me", she says. Sez I, "You didn't ask." What a great feeling it is to be spared Coventry!

• Haha
Reactions: NAIL and TTSH

· Banned
2,291 Posts
I actually used a newspaper ad. It was only luck that bought us together. In NM we have to go to an FFL, but I have a friend who is a FFL so, costs were kept down.
People still do newspapers??? :oops: Well, I'll be darn! :ROFLMAO:

You could never do that (i.e., sell guns via a newspaper ad) in the leftist, anti-2A People's Democratic Republic of Taxachusetts. No left-wing newspaper up here would ever take such an ad. :geek:

· Premium Member
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
People still do newspapers??? :oops: Well, I'll be darn! :ROFLMAO:

You could never do that (i.e., sell guns via a newspaper ad) in the leftist, anti-2A People's Democratic Republic of Taxachusetts. No left-wing newspaper up here would ever take such an ad. :geek:
Actually, it's a rather new law in NM. Crafted by those sneaky lefties who want to take your guns. I don't like it at all. When we moved from Philadelphia, we should have stopped in Texas.

· Registered
5,772 Posts
Actually, it's a rather new law in NM. Crafted by those sneaky lefties who want to take your guns. I don't like it at all. When we moved from Philadelphia, we should have stopped in Texas.

I remember when newspaper ads as well as those local shopper papers had ads for guns. I like the local ones for boats cars household stuff, Now it's all online and you have creeping people coming around,
This is the garage sale capital of the world and never seen a gun or gun stuff, just kitchen stuff and clothing,

· Registered
23,853 Posts
I understand completely about selling what some feel wrong but we have to do what is practical. So I say not guilty as doing it in self defense. We have to change and adapt to life. I had my shoulder replaced so am selling off some that will not damage the shoulder. Hope it all works out for you.

· Registered
45,620 Posts
You only get a reprieve from the wife if you take some of that profit and take her out to a nice dinner.

· Registered
45,620 Posts
I learned years ago to make a big deal when I sell anything,
and keep quite when I purchase something new.
Except, if I use the credit card, momma knows pretty much as soon as I do it because it usually is a decent amount!.......:oops: I learned a long time ago with the first wife to put a 20 here and a 50 there away in the safe; when I had enough for a $100 bill I cashed them in. I was less likely to break that 100 and they took up less space in the safe. Depending on your circumstances, it is an easy way to save up a few grand for something. Add in throwing change in a large cup, rolling and cashing it in and there are lots of ways to snatch a few bucks here and there for your addiction!

· Registered
18 Posts
I understand completely about selling what some feel wrong but we have to do what is practical. So I say not guilty as doing it in self defense. We have to change and adapt to life. I had my shoulder replaced so am selling off some that will not damage the shoulder. Hope it all works out for you.
I think I am going to sell 1-2. Have a couple that I don’t like as much as other ppl do.maybe tradem.?.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts