Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She wanted a 31 for her Birthday so she's getting it next week! Excellent condition and fits her hand perfectly (but she doesn't know it yet...my 36 fits her perfectly!)
She has nerve issues and the 36 recoil is a bit much for her. I know she'll love it. Now...where in heck can I get reasonably priced ammo for it??? 31.jpg

·
Registered
22,128 Posts
Wow...nice gift. Your wife's a lucky lady. Hope she enjoys it!:cool:

Reactions: Boriqua and jeepnut

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just got a pretty model 30 and I love it, my girlfriends 7 year old can shoot it. Not well yet but she can hang on to it. There’s ammo online. Not a huge selection and it’s a little pricey but it’s there. I found some home loads at a gun show, sometimes a box or too. Hope she enjoys it.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Great gift, she’s gonna’ have a nice birthday.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Good one mate..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here in northern Utah 98gr LRN is common*, and not very expensive (usually Aguila or Magtech, but I bought some PPU locally). Usually ~$15-$18 per box of 50.

I've bought 85gr JHP for my 30-1 at a gun show from a bulk loader/seller (Miwall, out of California). I think it was ~$18 for a box of 50.

* Impact Arms, Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabela's, a local Mil-surplus/sporting goods store (Smith & Edwards).

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Very nice! You’re a lucky man to have a wife that likes to shoot. Just remember to speak to her in a respectful tone of voice. I’ve heard no woman ever shot a man while he’s doing the dishes! Your “ safe space”! Hank

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
Very nice present and is a real shooter as 32 Long is pleasant. As mentioned Magtech makes some good inexpensive LRN ammo. I did get some Wadcutter ammo that was 25.00 a box. The wadcutter to me is a good SD ammo.

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The 31 is her birthday gift...for our Anniversary, she got a NIB Ruger Mark II 50th Anniversary pistol (we got married on her Birthday!)

·
Registered
50 Posts
You can reload them for pennies. I've used the Speer HBWC as well as some of the newer powder coat bullets. minimal amounts of powder. This one is really able to hide in your pocket.

And this one is a 30-1 recently bought, (in the box) 3" and like new.

And you can shoot the 32L in the 431PD and 432PD light weight that weigh less than a lb.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She's quite happy...now, if we could only go to the range...
I had to stand in line for an hour at the gun shop, just to get inside to pick them up!
Put a new set of target grips on her Ruger, too! 20200318_161056.jpg 20200318_180114.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts