Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a nice DW 15-2 frame on GB and put a 4" barrel assembly on it in a few minutes. I took the rubber Hogue monogrip off and put on an original DW walnut stock I found on ebay for under $20. She shoots as good as she looks. It's not a Smith and Wesson, but the great grandson of Daniel B. Wesson, Daniel B. Wesson II, and Karl Lewis knew how to build a great revolver(IMO).
IMG_1084 (2).JPG

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
Congratulations on an outstanding revolver.

My first was the Dan Wesson 15-2 Pistol Pak, which I still have... I used this with it's 4 inch barrel when I took Masaad Ayoob's LFI course from him in New Hampshire back in the late 1980's... In one of the shooting trials, I came within one point of Mas' score - and he actually signed my target (an honor)!

This one is Monson made...

Here's what the complete kit looks like:

·
Registered
21 Posts
The first center-fire gun I ever bought was an 8" vent rib Dan Wesson 15 while I was in college. I had visions of hunting and Metallic Silhouette shooting. Never got around to doing either but I do still have the gun and it's as accurate as ever.
Wish I had bought the extra barrels but money was tight at the time and rent, eating and beer were high on the list.

Reactions: Stonebuster

·
Super Moderator
32,513 Posts
Looks like a great find! DW pistols are quite popular with many shooters including more than a few here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts