Smith And Wesson Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
Here in Gettysburg Pa the Fine Wine and Good Spirits stores were all closed until this past Friday when we were changed to Yellow alert. Thanks Gov. I really feel bad for the small business man and woman in this tourist town of Gettysburg again thanks to our Democrap Gov. Tourism is down here with the bars and restaurants still closed again thanks Gov.:mad::mad:

·
Registered
9,235 Posts
Liquor stores were considered an essential service for a couple of reasons. Mostly because the politicians realized that if they shut down liquor access for this nation the country would go to hell in a hand basket within a few days.
Imagine what America, or any other country if they were to force every single alcoholic in the nation to go sober at exactly the same time.
DT's, withdrawls, and violence would run rampant, and then the fear of contracting Covid 19 would be on the back burner until all the alcoholics were either dead, sober, or in jail.
The mediacl providers wouldn't be able to handle it, and if you add this and Covid together, there would be little left in our society.
2nd reason would be taxation. and seriously, in the grand scheme of taxation, alcohol sales don't pull in all that much money.
That's funny but seems true. Here with the liqueur stores closed thank God the grocery store sells wine. I don't like spirits.o_O Wine the most civilized thing in the world (Ernest Hemingway).

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Here in Gettysburg Pa the Fine Wine and Good Spirits stores were all closed until this past Friday when we were changed to Yellow alert. Thanks Gov. I really feel bad for the small business man and woman in this tourist town of Gettysburg again thanks to our Democrap Gov. Tourism is down here with the bars and restaurants still closed again thanks Gov.:mad::mad:
Well, you Covid-free Conservatives and Liberterians are more than welcome to come down here to Florida where the beaches are open, the liquor stores are open and the restaurants are open for dine-in service.

Seems to be the norm for R governors versus D governors

Reactions: Golddollar
21 - 23 of 23 Posts