Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has a ban on the sale of alcoholic drinks been imposed in the United States in terms of Covid 19 regulations?

·
Registered
12,960 Posts
Maybe. I don't much care as I don't consume alcohol at all.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Tried that once before. It didn't work out well.

Hector

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Actual bars were mostly closed at first; in many places still closed. Liquor stores never closed. Now that restaurants are back open for customers to come in and eat, their bar sections are also back in business.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Has a ban on the sale of alcoholic drinks been imposed in the United States in terms of Covid 19 regulations?
The answer is no, at least if you pour your own drink from a bottle.

Bars were closed (due to the obvious hazard of people crowding together) but liquor stores were never closed.

I think some places were allowed to deliver mixed drinks along with food if requested.

All in all........quite reasonable. You could still drown your sorrows if you had them and the spread of disease was slowed down so the hospitals didn't get overwhelmed.

We may have relaxed the restrictions a bit soon, but that will be revealed as the situation continues to develop.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Liquor stores are essential for state revenue from taxes. Churches are closed as they are tax exempt.
Not really. People go in a liquor store and are out in 5 minutes. When I used to go to church, I was stuck in there for at least an hour and ten minutes to an hour an a half if
the preacher felt proud about what he was doing. He was preaching in part about the evils of alcohol, so I decided the liquor store was a way better fit for me. The risk of Covid19 exposure only lasts for five minutes, the buzz lasts longer than church.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,323 Posts
Liquor stores were considered an essential service for a couple of reasons. Mostly because the politicians realized that if they shut down liquor access for this nation the country would go to hell in a hand basket within a few days.
Imagine what America, or any other country if they were to force every single alcoholic in the nation to go sober at exactly the same time.
DT's, withdrawls, and violence would run rampant, and then the fear of contracting Covid 19 would be on the back burner until all the alcoholics were either dead, sober, or in jail.
The medical providers wouldn't be able to handle it, and if you add this and Covid together, there would be little left in our society.
2nd reason would be taxation. and seriously, in the grand scheme of taxation, alcohol sales don't pull in all that much money.

·
Premium Member
10,380 Posts
No ban in North Carolina. In fact, the state owned hard liquor stores have had a boom in sales in the past couple of months... It would seem that they are "essential"....

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
In NW Fla, liquor stores wide open. Restaurants were closed except carry out(now pretty much wide open). When eateries were open only for carry out, they relaxed sale on booze, so you could order drinks only and walk around in open with open drinks and cops would ignore. So far, bars still closed per Governor. One local bar has had a restaurant license and just opened up as a restaurant, they have a small kitchen and food truck on site. Surprised the “gentlemen’s clubs” haven’t thought of that. Boob burgers...sounds good.

·
Registered
16,899 Posts
No ban and I have been killing the virus from the inside enjoying my favorite Scotch or Bourbon with an evenng glass.

·
Registered
313 Posts
One of the first things the Governor of PA was close the liquor stores, which are all owned by the State. He is slowing allowing them to be reopened. The State was losing too much money.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I was talking to the owner of one of the restaurants in our little town and she said that the drive through liquor sales are the only thing that has kept them in business. I don't think that you can actually sell mixed cocktails at the drive through but she was offering a big cup of their margarita mix and two small bottles of tequila. You actually mix your own and seemingly that is legal. Where there is a will, there is a way!

·
Premium Member
2,793 Posts
Liquor stores were considered an essential service for a couple of reasons. Mostly because the politicians realized that if they shut down liquor access for this nation the country would go to hell in a hand basket within a few days.
Imagine what America, or any other country if they were to force every single alcoholic in the nation to go sober at exactly the same time.
DT's, withdrawls, and violence would run rampant, and then the fear of contracting Covid 19 would be on the back burner until all the alcoholics were either dead, sober, or in jail.
The mediacl providers wouldn't be able to handle it, and if you add this and Covid together, there would be little left in our society.
2nd reason would be taxation. and seriously, in the grand scheme of taxation, alcohol sales don't pull in all that much money.
And there was a 3rd reason, at least where I'm at. They were deemed essential because they were a source of alcohol to make hand sanitizer.

When Isopropyl Alcohol sold out in stores, there was a run on 150+ proof booze, like Everclear.

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
never closed in FL,I would imagine they have done fine...

thewelshm

Reactions: Abby'sDad
1 - 20 of 23 Posts