Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up a little bodyguard 380 yesterday because sometimes I want to carry a little deeper than on the belt or iwb.
Took it out to the range and put close to 100 rounds through it without one hiccup other than two times it didn't stay open on the last round. Both times it was the same mag but I'm thinking i may have been riding the mag catch since it didn't do it but only twice and I was alternating them.
Fits in the pocket well and beginning the pocket I think the heavy pull on the trigger is a good thing since I don't want to ventilate my leg or remove anything needed.
And it's not a bad little shooter.
I'm using a sticky holster in the pocket and it's almost made for it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got one also. Great little gun,and accuracy was beyond what I expected. Ease the trigger back most of the way and hold it for better target accuracy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm thinking to change over from my EDC LCP to a BG 380...someone make a comparison for me....thoughts if you have experience with both

·
Registered
7 Posts
Daka I’ve got an LCP and BG. I’d say the lcp is a little lighter and the trigger is also so I tend to try and anticipate the recoil for some reason and my groupings are ok but not perfect. I picked up a BG a Week ago and already in “My own preference” I can get closer groupings with my BG. I also think it’s a little more comfortable in the hand. I have lasers on both but don’t use them. Tend to try and follow them like most people. I will prob end up swapping out to my BG for my deep carry.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Problems with the BG 380.
A friend gave me his BG... I took it to the range, would not fire...light hits on the primer.
It had been in his safe for a long time, I cleaned and lubed it, same result...
Sent it to S&W, they replaced a bunch of parts, today at the range...same problem.....
Anyone have a similar problem?

·
Premium Member
9,912 Posts
I've also had students in my class show up with new BodyGuard .380 pistols that jammed within the first magazine.

Others have had mechanical issues with them.

For my money, the 9mm Shield is a better choice. I have one of these, and it's been excellent.

·
Super Moderator
19,235 Posts
I have a Bodyguard 380. I won it in a Friends of NRA auctions. I got it for much less than retail, and I got a really cool holster for it as well.
I was bidding on the holster, and ended up getting it and the pistol in the same purchase. What a great surprise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've also had students in my class show up with new BodyGuard .380 pistols that jammed within the first magazine.

Others have had mechanical issues with them.

For my money, the 9mm Shield is a better choice. I have one of these, and it's been excellent.
I have a PC Shield, unfortunately it's too big to pocket carry...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts