Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I bought a new Bodyguard 380 and it seems to have a misprint (misstamp)...or lack there of. At the front of the slide, where it is supposed to be printed *S&W Bodyguard 380, there is no logo/print at all.
Mistakes tend to add $ right? I'm wondering how one my go about valuing a misprinted firearm like this.
Thoughts?

*the part in the yellow circle is what my pistol does not have.

380 misprint.jpg

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Mislabel/mistampings etc hardly ever..(as in practically never) seem to bring any kind of premium other than the curiosity factor. Especially on one of Smith and Wessons least expensive firearms.

It's like buying a VW bug with the hood ornament missing...it's not going to be more expensive...

·
Registered
12,348 Posts
Mislabel/mistampings etc hardly ever..(as in practically never) seem to bring any kind of premium other than the curiosity factor. Especially on one of Smith and Wessons least expensive firearms.

It's like buying a VW bug with the hood ornament missing...it's not going to be more expensive...
Kind of my thought. In fact, the value may actually be less.

·
Premium Member
16,697 Posts
Didn't they change the naming of the pistol somewhat from the initial units with the bouncing red button?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts