Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what S&W revolver Clint Eastwood is using in the semi recent movie "Blood Work"? He describes it as a .357 magnum. It looks like it has about a 2 1/2" BBL and is stainless.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The "Bloodwork" gun is an N frame 8 shot 357 with a 2 5/8" barrel. These were performance center guns along with a 657 (41 mag) and 629 (44 mag) all had the 2 5/8" barrels. I had two of them the 44 and 357.

To me it felt like holding and shooting blocks. Cool to look at but thats it IMO.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input!
In my opinion and admittidly without ever holding one, the S&W snub .45 ACP looks like a real "block"!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have shot a couple of the short barreled 8 shot 357 S&W,s.

They actually shot pretty good. They seemed "blockier" than the 325 Night Guard I have.

I really like the Night Guard. I have carried it a lot in a Milt Sparks Summer Special that i use for a 4" 44 Mag.

The light weight of the Night Guard makes it a joy to carry, and in 45 ACP the recoil is very controlable.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Any Cylinder that holds more than six rounds is unnatural and an affront to God.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I am as "Traditional" as most... BUT IF I was a 357 Mag kind of guy, I would have a bunch of 8 shot S&W 357 Mags...

But I prefer a 6 shot 44 or 45...

·
Registered
129 Posts
IIRC, the ACTUAL Barrel Length on the "Bloodwork" gun is 2 & 5/8 inches...it looks SUSPICIOUSLY LIKE the bottom gun in the pic, below...HTH....mikey357

1 - 9 of 9 Posts