Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another typical rainy, snowy, ice sheeting, hail sort for day in Idaho..Sometimes you couldn’t see the hood of your truck...Stopped at LGS and the old boy had this here Government Model marked wrong....I did a trade with that Colt Official Police I have been trying to peddle, and walked out with a Colt Pre-Series 70 Government Model, 45 ACP, Circa 1967. Has Coltwood Grips with No Logo..Did not have a magazine, BUT, I had a New 7 round Colt Magazine I’ve been hoarding for some time. So that problem was licked.

Examination found only carbon residue in Firing Pin channel and extractor channel and a small Installation scratch, (idiot Mark). Some light bluing loss along sharp edges.
The Original buyer kept the gun in a Nightstand drawer and allegedly last fired in 53 years ago, cleaned and separated the magazine from the gun for safety reasons and can’t recall what he did with it...Rest of internals don’t hardly show wear. Mint Bore...

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
That is a great find and trade. Looks almost new. That is one of my grail guns but I’ve never found one in good enough shape at a reasonable price. I hope you enjoy the heck out of that one!

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
That is a real beauty even if mistreated. Another "in the right place at the right time" case. Enjoy shooting that one.

·
Registered
8,986 Posts
Congratulations mate shoot it in good health..

Thewelshm

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
Hey Kid,

Great Score!

Later, Mark

1 - 16 of 16 Posts