Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blackhawk 44 Magnum, serial number 17243, with a scarce 7 1/2-inch barrel and ivory grip panels was shipped in May 1959 and is now 50!

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Saw a three digit the other day with the box. Been used hard and put away wet. Still very tempting due to the serial number. Got the wrong grips on it...

Did I mention the still very tempting part... :mrgreen:

Great gun Doc, and fun to see and imagine shooting....Have to admit that some of your pristine examples have amped up my desire for many of the same guns in a shooter grade.

My checkbook and my wife ~ may have a bone to pick with you,... there.... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Giz...Have you been to Tulsa in November? The Ruger collectors are there then and you can find all the 357s and 44s in shooter grade and up!!

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Bill,

Good chance I'll be there. My bride ended up with spinal surgery just before the last one and being the good, dutiful husband...I nursed her back to health....

Think that earned me a free pass to November :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
182 Posts
It certainly does not look its age.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Nice flattop, Bill.
That 7-1/2" is my absolute favorite barrel-length.
Sure wish I'D looked that good when I was 50! :lol:
Don

·
Registered
197 Posts
Doc, as usual, nice picture, awesome gun...thank you...

Giz, one in the box? 3 digit? wow, you better MOVE..
oh well, yes, condition IS everything, BUT a box? that is about the rarest Ruger box out there I believe..I've had LOTS of the regualr? flatop boxes, as well as MORE trhan my share of the 10 inch boxes, BUT never even saw one for the 7 1/2inch version that I can recall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts