Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serial number 17128 shipped in June 1959. A great companion gun to my other BKH47 with serial number 17243 that shipped in May 1959. The grips on this FT 44 are nicely figured and the revolver is near 99 percent.

Bill

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Very Nice old ruger. It not only amazes me how many pristine rare guns you have Doc but how you find them.Your posts always are a treat and education on some of the more rare guns.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Those grips are beautiful, another nice one Doc!

G

·
0 Posts
That's what my new one looks like :mrgreen: Except it's a few thousand digits higher. Hoping to pick it up next month. This will be my first BKH47, and only my third flattop!

In the meantime, it's always nice to see some of Bill's eye-candy on display.....inspirational. :)

giz

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
First Giz......then you, Doc. :roll: Is everybody switching over to collecting Rugers, now??? I guess you've mastered S&W collecting. Must be getting too easy! :lol: I think Giz even mentioned that he was chucking the S&W collection......in favor of some Flintlocks, a lean-to, mountainman gear, and "the older, simpler way of life". Don't forget, Giz, they didn't have 'lectricity and 'puters back then..... :lol: Bob

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob...I have been collecting Ruger Blackhawk .44 Magnums and early Super Blackhawks for as long as I have been collecting S&Ws. Actually longer, since my first handgun purchase in 1966 was a Ruger Super Single-Six, followed by a Blackhawk .357 Magnum and then a Super Blackhawk. In Missoula, Montana in the late 60s a S&W Model 29 was next to impossible to find, as were most N-frames and the Combat Magnum.

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Bill,

Just curious...have you listed your SN's with Chad...Chet15 over on the Ruger site?

Mine is new to the list and makes the 229th known example....

Given the disparity in the numbers of the assumed guns built in this barrel length..I wondered if you were aware of the database.

giz

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Giz,
Good point!
IMHO, Chad and RENE are the two most worthwhile things to consult when it comes to collectible Rugers.
Don
;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts