Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Blackhawk, .41 Magnum caliber, serial number 8623, manufactured in March 1967 with a 4 5/8-inch barrel. This BKH-41 was also shipped in a Blackhawk .357 Magnum box with a .41 Magnum oversticker. The revolver and box are featured in John Dougan's book, "Ruger Single Actions: The Second Decade 1963-1973" on pages 85 and 103, respectively.

Bill

·
Registered
402 Posts
Doc,
That's a fine looking Ruger in an outstanding caliber. Great photo as well. I always look forward to seeing your beauties.

G

·
0 Posts
Doc,

That is the one OM Ruger that I am truly hunting for. Nice to see such a fine example...

My favorite caliber, in a very elusive version of the Blackhawk. Thanks for sharing... ;)

giz

·
Super Moderator
10,855 Posts
[Stupid question alert!]

OK, I am going to apologize right up front. I love my Ruger New Model 41 mag (same barrel length) and think it to be well made. Beside the safety conversion issue, what are the main differences between the old and new models?

[Stupid question concluded]

G

·
0 Posts
The sounds they make... :mrgreen:

There is just something about those 4-clicks that does it for me....the safety conversion eliminates the sweetest sound for any six-gunner ;)

giz

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
A real fine package, Bill.
Didn't know you were a .41 Magnum fan. :eek:
I always enjoy your sharp, well-balanced photos, as they're great for our continuing education!
Don

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Forester said:
[Stupid question alert!]

OK, I am going to apologize right up front. I love my Ruger New Model 41 mag (same barrel length) and think it to be well made. Beside the safety conversion issue, what are the main differences between the old and new models?

[Stupid question concluded]
NO QUESTION IS STUPID> The old style Ruger like the Colt SAA and All Clones; it is 5 beans in the wheel. Load one round skip a round then load 4 more rounds. Cock the hammer then let it down on the empty chamber and it is safe to carry. The new style has a lever that comes up between the firing pin and hammer as you pull back the trigger to fire. Since the hammer cannot physically touch the firing pin until the trigger is pulled it is safe to load 6 rounds. With the new style the loading gate frees the cylinder for loading and the hammer is down for reloading. Not the way that the SAA worked so the new style is shunned by some. I have had a friend wounded by droppind a 6 round loaded Colt Scout and another that almost was hit by a 255 gr bullet when a buddy dropped a fully loaded SAA out of his holster.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I recall trading into my BKH-41 in about 1980 at a gunshow. I traded a NIB Ruger M77V in .243 for it straight up. I still have it, and its a 5 digit serial #...probably late 60s manufacture. Love the "clickety-clack" sound of the action! Safety conversion be dam*ed!! ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Doc,
Why us peons keep trying to post good photo's when
you have the elite pistolas market cornered is now subject
to sanity. Thanks as always for sharing!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Super nice Ruger! I've one that was new, in the box with all the stuff and just a year later than yours. Was new. Not anymore. It replaced one that I foolishly sold many years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts