Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey S&W,

Rained a bit, here.

Creek across the road is a good 8' to 10' "out of its banks"!

Higher than this.

Farmer's Field is a big time FLOODED. (he has plowed, has not seeded as yet)

Later, Mark

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
As my farmer buddy Matt says, "It's never too early to plant the first time"!
It's been a really wet year around here, too. We are at double our normal rainfall for the first quarter of 2020. Rivers out all over everywhere, and we're down at Table Rock Lake this weekend, and it's 9ft high. Just part of the deal sometimes.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
whats rain????

thewelshm

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
9,128 Posts

·
Registered
12,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Storms, heavy rain just moved out of central Arkansas moving east. Tornado watch w/one tornado warning about 40 mi NE of me headed toward MO. Got enough supplies so no need to get out anyway. Bought two guns this week and one is already at my LGS but it's closed. One employee went home sick a couple of days ago so just out of caution the owner closed down until his test comes back.

One of the dealers I bought from said they had sold over 750 guns in the last week and most of their ammo...that was in Rhode Island, not far from NY city. Guess all those east coast Democrats finally decided there might actually be a reason to own a gun...idiots.

Since I can't get the gun to take pics, these are the stock pics of the one from Montana now sitting at the gun shop. New Colt SAA 45...

colt 45 new.jpg colt 45 new left.jpg

Gun enroute from RI...S&W 686+ 3"

M 686+ 3in.jpg

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey AV,

Great looking "crank guns"!!

Keep your head down w/tornadoes!

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
Storms, heavy rain just moved out of central Arkansas moving east. Tornado watch w/one tornado warning about 40 mi NE of me headed toward MO. Got enough supplies so no need to get out anyway. Bought two guns this week and one is already at my LGS but it's closed. One employee went home sick a couple of days ago so just out of caution the owner closed down until his test comes back.

One of the dealers I bought from said they had sold over 750 guns in the last week and most of their ammo...that was in Rhode Island, not far from NY city. Guess all those east coast Democrats finally decided there might actually be a reason to own a gun...idiots.

Since I can't get the gun to take pics, these are the stock pics of the one from Montana now sitting at the gun shop. New Colt SAA 45...

View attachment 456857 View attachment 456859

Gun enroute from RI...S&W 686+ 3"

View attachment 456861
That’ll occupy you mate....sweet.

Thewelshm

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
462 Posts
I live where the Kaw (a.k.a. Kansas), Big Blue, Little Blue, and Missouri rivers come together. A friend of mine was almost drowned in a flash flood in the middle of Kansas City. I've seen a culvert eight feet below the highway overflow to a foot over the highway when the runoff area was only about 250 yards long. I worked in an industrial park near the Big Muddy in '93. The question was asked in a meeting if we should move important documents to the second floor in case the levee broke. My response was, "Sure. Then they would only be under four feet of water." Warehouses north of the levee, were below the water level and had mini geysers shooting out of the cracks in their parking lots from the hydro-static pressure.

So I look at the OP's photos and think, "That's cute."

Seriously, though flooding is tragic especially for farmers. He has my sympathies. Stay safe and respect the H2O.

Hector

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Flooding!

Hey S&W,

Here are some pics. The old Keystone Inn is 1/2 mile East of me.

The other pic is 1/4 mile West of me, behind the Black Bull.

Creek is about 8' - 10' "high" in the pics. :eek:

Water is still rising with more heavy rain a comin'. :eek:

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I made the mistake of mentioning to my wife how well our driveway has faired this winter. Just went down and retrieved my new knife from the mailbox and I just about needed the Land Rover to come back up. I think there's a ton of gravel washed out on the street. I guess I have a new project as soon as the rain stops. Or should that be IF ? We had some brutal storms here today as Mark mentioned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts