Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was able to get together with my 84yo uncle for some range time on my Birthday a few days ago. He has a little range set up that we shot at and markers for distances of 20 and 30 feet. There were various firearms to choose from. I hand my XD MOD2 subcompact .45, 638, 360 and model 19-4, and my uncle had his Sig .45 and Kimber subcompact 9mm. Had a great day and although a little rusty, my uncle did a great job putting most rounds on target. He couldn't believe how well he shot the the XD. Here are some pics of the range, the firearms and some shooting.

Here is one of my uncle getting ready to shoot my model 19.

Another pic of my uncle shooting his Sig .45

My uncle had brought various calibers of ammo: .45, .38 sp and 9mm. After we were done he said happy birthday and gave me all the remaining ammo, all in all a little over 350 rounds. Sweet! Another great day at the range.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Good for your uncle and Happy birthday Curt. Looks like a nice shaded area he has set up for shooting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,484 Posts
What an excellent day at the range with an amazing Uncle. Glad all were shooting good. Also a good Birthday present on top of a Great range trip.

·
Registered
790 Posts
He should move to where we live. The Wed. shooting group has a few members in their 80's, and quite a few getting very close to 80 now. They all still shoot very well.

·
Registered
22,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What did your uncle think of that M19?
My uncle really liked the M19. He also really liked the XD MOD 2, but said he wasn't going to buy any more guns at this stage of his life.😄

1 - 14 of 14 Posts