Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, my son bought an M&P 15 a couple of weeks ago. His birthday is coming up in November and I would like to get some ideas for other goodies to go along with the rifle. I think a cleaning mat for sure if someone makes one for the M&P 15. It came in a box, maybe a suggestion for something better?

Any suggestions appreciated,

Seve

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Unless you know exactly what add-ons he wants for his rifle, I think you're on the right track with general items like cleaning stuff, ammo and targets. I highly recommend getting a book on the AR platform. There's lots of them from how to build an AR to maintenance & gunsmithing. Most folks really don't undertand their rifles beyond loading a magazine and pulling the trigger. Taking the mystery out of the rifle will be a life-long gift. When I got my first Bushmaster AR in the 90s I didn't know anything about it. However, it came with a US Marine Corps Technical Manual. I thumbed through it for about an hour and learned more than most AR owners ever do.

Happy birthday gift hunting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless you know exactly what add-ons he wants for his rifle, I think you're on the right track with general items like cleaning stuff, ammo and targets. I highly recommend getting a book on the AR platform. There's lots of them from how to build an AR to maintenance & gunsmithing. Most folks really don't undertand their rifles beyond loading a magazine and pulling the trigger. Taking the mystery out of the rifle will be a life-long gift. When I got my first Bushmaster AR in the 90s I didn't know anything about it. However, it came with a US Marine Corps Technical Manual. I thumbed through it for about an hour and learned more than most AR owners ever do.

Happy birthday gift hunting.
Thx Phil!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts