Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I got for $500. :D

This one belonged to an old and very close friend that I have known since high school and who already has a couple of .40 calibers, so I got it fairly cheap. I know it is a great shooter because I have put many rounds through it over the years. He only had two 10 round magazines for it, but I will soon buy the higher capacity magazines for it soon. It has been shot a lot by him and some others of us who get together to shoot, but he has kept it very well maintained. The only real wear is when you look at the ejection port. I decided to get this as my permanent car gun. I always keep a gun in the console of my car and decided this would hold up better finish wise than one of my Smith & Wesson or Colt revolvers in there. LOL, Giz I thought about the Ruger Old Army, but thought this one would be more practical to keep in the car. ;)

·
Super Moderator
19,364 Posts
My Jeeps' console is so jelouse!
The H&K .40 is such a nice pistol.
I've never shot one but it sure has a solid feel in hand.
Good choice for the purpose and placement.

·
Super Moderator
32,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gearchecker said:
My Jeeps' console is so jelouse!
The H&K .40 is such a nice pistol.
I've never shot one but it sure has a solid feel in hand.
Good choice for the purpose and placement.
I think it is a good companion to my USP in .45 ACP. The thing I like best is that my friend has always been meticulous about keeping his firearms in shape, so this one does look NIB with the exception of the wear in the ejection port that came from LOTS of shooting. Plus the added number of rounds over a revolver is always welcome. :)

·
Administrator
8,094 Posts
Wendy,
Nice choice.. I've always been a revolver kinda guy, but I've also been leaning more and more to a pistol for a truck gun. The additional capacity is the biggest reason..

Congrats on your b'day present!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
You know, that's one brand of gun I've never owned. Don't know why, either. Maybe I ought to change that situation.

Nice looking gun and congratulations on the birthday.

·
Super Moderator
8,955 Posts
Very nice and a belated happy birthday!

G

·
0 Posts
Wendy,

Great choice. Can't find any fault in having that as a primary gun. Maybe next b-day you get the Old Army.... :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Gizamo said:
Wendy,

Great choice. Can't find any fault in having that as a primary gun. Maybe next b-day you get the Old Army.... :mrgreen:

giz
There's Christmas before that!!!! Very nice BD present there!!!! gmonn

·
Registered
723 Posts
Wendy, glad you had a Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it, but I haven't been around this forum very much in recent days.

I have been so distraught over the president and his plan to take over America, I've been doing allot of battle in the Ruger forum lately (as you know).

Your gun is awesome! I'm very happy for you! Congratulations!

Wishing you much happiness!

Lee

·
Super Moderator
32,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is a great firearm. QC you may want to check one out. I was never a fan of the non steel semi automatics, but after shooting one of these I fell in love with H & K firearms. Thanks for the birthday wishes all. :D You are correct, Giz there is always next year if not Christmas. Probably next birthday, Leighton my next big expense will probably be a new refrigerator. Mine is getting older and starting to have some trouble.

I have noticed that you have been on the Ruger forum. Looks like you have been having fun with your posting about the problems our government is causing the country. Keep up the good work!

Had to edit. I actually got this firearm along with 3 boxes of Remington Golden Saber 165 grain ammunition for the $500. We did a little bit of shooting with it this weekend(a couple of hundred rounds), not much time between birthday celebrations to do more, so now it is sitting nicely in my car console loaded up with Remington hollow points.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
A belated happy birthday from Thunder Valley, so named from the echoing gunfire. Never owned or shot an H&K, but because you shot it before taking possesion, and like it well enough to be a carry gun - I
take that as a good recommendation for the H&K.

I can't get too excited over the looks of most automatic pistols; the exception being the 1911's and the German Luger. That said, I own a few ugly ones with high magazine capacities that have been 100% reliable and reasonably accurate - So from a practical standpoint, well I guess these are practical.

So enjoy and ride safe with your birthday present.

Hank

·
Registered
288 Posts
Very nice and a belated happy birthday to you!

Insert your name in this rare beatles recording!

[youtube:2w6pbyti]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNjsOHiBYs[/youtube:2w6pbyti]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts