Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my folks at work took this picture a couple of weeks back at one of our remote communications sites, an area roughly 40-45 miles west of Wickenburg Arizona. I've personally never seem one of these on or around that mountain range, so I was surprised when they came back with it!

·
Registered
10,917 Posts
I have seen them just 100 yards off I-10 just west of Quartsite and on the White Tanks. According to Az. Game and Fish, there is a herd in the Estellas .

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are around Mick, but I've never seen them at this particular site, Smith Peak. I've also never seen any on White Tank Mt., but I have on Child's Mt. down by Ajo, Cunningham Mt. near Quartzsite and at Canyon Lake. Canyon Lake was really great, we were in a boat and up on an overlook, a whole herd of sheep were there, the young ones were actually suckling off of mama sheep! Watching them traverse the rocky terrain is flat out stunning to see! Although I've watched a few deer do some things I wouldn't have believed unless I saw it with my own two eyes!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I see a pack of bighorn sheep about 1 out of every 10 times that I go out to my shooting area. One time, they were up on a ridge above where I shoot at, looking down at me! About only 125 yards away, but up at a 30 degree angle or so. Since they would not move after about 5 minutes, I shot in their general direction (about 10-15 feet to the side of them) with my .22 Hornet to shoo them away so an errant ricochet wouldn't harm them. There was a couple of full curl rams in the bunch like the one in your picture! :)

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toro, my experience is the rams don't give ground in any situation, EASY boss, don't piss them off too much! :mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts