Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post on a gun forum...though I'm nowhere near a rookie to forums.

...just here looking at news and info on the 500

Here's my quick story:
Retired Military
In an MC(Motorcycle Club)
I reload ammo
I build trucks

As I said...I build trucks...not just buy parts and then bolt on...

This is my toy, 2005 F250 slightly modified...

Video of truck

TANK'S BEAST, 2005 FORD F250 4x4 Extreme DD Off Road BEAST mudding - YouTube

Now onto the really good stuff....

I own quite a few weapons, and I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for saying this....but I shoot more ammo in 6 months, than most will shoot in a lifetime.....I said "most"....though I know there are plenty people like me.

I'm retired, shooting is a hobby for me.....On average, I shoot about 3,000rnds .40cal, 500rnds 38/357, can't even count how many .22........and for the big boy....around 500-600rnds of .50cal out of the S&W 500, from 300gr, 350gr, 500, and 700gr....

enough talk....time for some of my fun pictures and videos

Video was just for fun, one handed 500gr ammo with S&W 500

TANK shooting his S&W 500 - YouTube

one handing the 500 with 700gr load...managed the muzzle flip nicely...but the shockwave running backwards through my body stung like hell...LOL

TANK S&W 500 shooting 700gr round - YouTube

Sooooo...there it is....me in a nutshell.....I'm just here to lurk and learn things I may not know...

>

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I think you are going to have to up your ammo consumption to compare with the hardcore here. Welcome, we will assist in feeding your addiction

·
Super Moderator
19,408 Posts
I only have one 500, but it's mine and uncle sam can't have it.
S_W 500 Left SM.jpg

I like the side by side with the little J frame. I puts it all in a proper perspective.
DSCF2545.JPG

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think you are going to have to up your ammo consumption to compare with the hardcore here. Welcome, we will assist in feeding your addiction
good to hear....I figured shooting an average of 5,000 to 6,000 rounds a month was pretty good....

....that is why I started reloading...spending $2,000 a month just to feed the 500 was getting costly....not even mentioning the other calibers.

Any chance you can name the guys here that are shooting like me?....I'd like to pick their brains.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Honestly it is tongue in cheek but when it is nice out I run 3-500 rounds a day, not counting rimfire. It helps calm me with the stress of work. Mainly 38 super, 45 and 10mm rounds with some 44 special and 357 thrown in for good measure. I know Shep has been shooting a ton lately lol.
good to hear....I figured shooting an average of 5,000 to 6,000 rounds a month was pretty good....

....that is why I started reloading...spending $2,000 a month just to feed the 500 was getting costly....not even mentioning the other calibers.

Any chance you can name the guys here that are shooting like me?....I'd like to pick their brains.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly it is tongue in cheek but when it is nice out I run 3-500 rounds a day, not counting rimfire. It helps calm me with the stress of work. Mainly 38 super, 45 and 10mm rounds with some 44 special and 357 thrown in for good measure. I know Shep has been shooting a ton lately lol.
yeah...I am always working on something, making videos, and seeing were I need to improve....shooting from cars, trigger squeeze, missing finger drills, etc, etc, etc, etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XbTpUbW6mU&list=UUME4gFLKwYxjrsJ_GG_Aimw&index=9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2W-rGXIFCI&list=UUME4gFLKwYxjrsJ_GG_Aimw&index=10

·
Premium Member
18,760 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! I shoot a little...nothing like you and Rob and most of the others here. Personally, .44 Mag is enough for me. I don't own, and probably never will, anything larger. Got a 13 YO female cousin that is shooting 50 cal. rifles in competition, though. So, I guess it's in the genes.

In the video where I shot the 700gr round....I was smiling...but it was a lie...it stung me pretty good...lol
I could tell. In the slowmo, it was clear you were anticipating the ballbat to the palm, 'cause it looked like you flinched on the trigger pull. :) Nevertheless, I have to give you credit for attempting it. Just for my edification, what was the muzzle energy of that 700 gr. round?

Hey, Injunbro! You gonna top him by shooting your cannon single handed?

Tank, don't forget the last words of most rednecks..."Y'all watch this..."

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah...I flinched bad...I didn't even have a target set up...it was "just to do it"...only had one round in the cylinder for safety reasons.... I DON'T plan on doing again any time soon.

Hot load 700gr
Muzzle velocity = 1600+ fps
Muzzle energy = 2,700+ ft. lbs
Recoil = 70+ ft. lbs.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Tank, you don't have to play "who's is bigger" with this group. We have members on this forum who are the real deal. We're here to discuss weapons and experiences. We will no doubt learn from you. But you may learn a thing or two from us.

Welcome.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tank, you don't have to play "who's is bigger" with this group. We have members on this forum who are the real deal. We're here to discuss weapons and experiences. We will no doubt learn from you. But you may learn a thing or two from us.

Welcome.
Yeah I got that......as far as I'm concerned...we all have equal goals...

That is why my very first post ended with...."I'm just here to lurk and learn things I may not know"..

I only own one S&W, and I reload....so that is the topics I'm interested in learning new things

1 - 20 of 41 Posts