Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I worked on my pics a bit and was able to make the ones I have better. What do you think?

I worked on brightness and contrast and got these to look much better.

M29-5 Classic Magnum II, 44 mag, 7.5" Unfluted, recessed cyl. 1 of 750.

Dave

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nframe,

Thanks for response and help. I will try the background color change and try diffused light as well. When I come up with what works I'll post some more.

I'll take my time posting other guns to get them better and since I only have 6 revolvers! All the rest are SS.

Dave

G

·
hey dave real nice :) same grips my 686-4 have on them. i want to take pictures but dont know how :?: i have a hp mini computer do you need anything other than a computer to take pictures?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
A digital camera would probably be a great cross between ease of use, getting it onto your computer, getting it on your host site, and posting it here. Picture quality is fine for people like me who don't mind the soul of the gun being lost in the pixels...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I really think this one is the prettiest in my little collection.

JOHN,

I used a digi camera in direct sunlight. I had to work on the brightness and contrast to get them to look OK.

I guess your web cam would work, not sure if resolution would be up to photo standards. You could post vids of the gun with web cam.

I'm just learnin' how to take gun pics myself.

·
Super Moderator
9,005 Posts
WG, I just figured out a easy way to take a pretty decent photo, I took 2 pieces of white legal sized paper and put one on a book and one against a wall in my room, the wall was close to the window and the light from outside made it come out pretty nice IMO. It is the picture on my thread about the new combats on my 617.

·
Registered
12,356 Posts
I'm the last person to be handing out photo tips, but since my wife has not taken my keyboard yet, why not? :mrgreen: The advice I have received from folks here and from others on other forums, use natural light, no flash, but try to manage the glare. I live in Arizona, no lack of natural light here, but I often have too much of the stuff. If I'm outside, I head to shade with lot's of brightness, but no breaks in the shade or you'll get a zebra effect. I often photograph right inside my front room where I can pull the drapes back from the large front window. I can actually use the drape sheers to control the amount of light. My other tip would be to use a tripod if you can, it takes out the little jitter that seems to infect me right at the point of taking the shot. Hmmm, I have the same problem when I squeeze the trigger on a gun...NOOOO that's due to the defective targets I sometimes buy! nfiofnp Anyway, picture quality can improve with practice, so keep at it. As to the point of your pictures, she looks to be a serious piece of shooting iron, I like it!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi BC, Forester and Hunter,

Thanks for the comments on the gun. This one being of a different combo of features (7.5" bbl, Unfluted, Recessed, full underlug) is quite unique I think. All my 629/29s are Unfluted, sort of as a requirement for my collection. It just kind of happened that way from the start and I perpetuated it in 4 guns so far. This is the only one recessed! I'm still looking for it's first born brother the Classic Magnum in SS. I had read about it just before I saw this one the II.

Thanks for the pic tips. I think the diffusing with sheet of paper will work OK. I'll try it on next one. I haven't decided on trying again outside or inside. I don't get a lot of sunlight inside (lot of trees), so I'll try some dif methods as you guys have suggested.

I'll try again soon.

Thx guys,
Dave

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.