Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this 5-round 640 EDC revolver and will shoot only .38 SPL JHP ammo. Looking at SafariLand speed loaders. Which SF model do any of you use or recommend? Although I'm open to other name brands, I like the push button feature of SafariLand as opposed to twisting needed for other name brands. I may switch out the factory grips for a Crimson Trace LaserGrips LG-305 red laser. If so, will any affect whichever speed loader I buy? No experience here. This revolver can be used with moon clips instead but I will not be doing this. Thanks to all who respond. Great forum!, but I

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
The best reload is another 640 pro. Besides that there is nothing quicker and more secure and compact than moon clips. Take advantage of this feature.

·
Premium Member
10,403 Posts
Reactions: Curt360

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I use and have used for years HKS speed-loaders. These are the twist top loaders but I really like them, but they take up more than a little room. I recently ordered two speed strips. I don’t think they are as fast as my HKS but they are really a handy size.

·
Registered
111 Posts
i dunno about the 640 pro, but for my 642 i love using jet loaders - much faster instant loading no matter what, versus the twister loaders.

·
Registered
111 Posts
just picked up a safariland comp I for the j-frame. it's less than half ($12) the jet loader cost ($30). very compact, easy to load up, 2/3rds the jet loader size, but not as easy/fast to unload as the jet loader. part of the issue may be that the central "activator" is too short and won't quickly engage the cylinder extractor due to the hogue stocks - that, and the comp I is just a tad too large in diameter. i'll try to lengthen the activator about 3/16" and see if that will help.

safariland comp I

jet loader

1 - 8 of 8 Posts