Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I’d like to get your opinions on what would be the best simi automatic I can carry in my ankle holster. I have my CCW and carry a 9 mm Shield.

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
I carry a Shield in ankle holster but don't plan to do a lot of walking, plenty of 380 and 9mm sub compacts on the market also consider a J Frame or other

·
Registered
203 Posts
Small, thin, and light are what you want for an ankle gun. Shield, G43, Kahr PM9...

I have a PM9 that has been my ankle gun for almost 20 years, and I've never had a complaint. Except my ankle holster is worn out, and the company that made it is out of business. I haven't found a replacement I like yet.

I recently bought a Shield with the intent to retire my PM9, not sure yet if that's what's going to happen.

A small .380, like the S&W Bodyguard, in the front pocket is a good alternative to an ankle rig, and much more accessible. An ankle rig is really best for a second gun.

·
Super Moderator
19,292 Posts
I carry a Sig P238 in my ankle holster. Nobody would ever know it's there. I first tried out my ankle holster with a blue training model of the pistol to see if it would conceal. I wore the blue pistol for a week, and nobody mentioned it or asked about it being there. My company has a no firearms on premises policy, so I wanted to be sure I could easily conceal it before carrying the real deal.

·
Super Moderator
19,292 Posts
https://www.amazon.com/AIKATE-Holste...FYQSND7AKBVFQ3
This with a M&P Shield Compact 9.
Nobody knows with the right pants.
:smile:
That is the ankle holster I use. It's super comfortable all day long. I never feel like it's slipping or heavy. It is really so comfortable that I sometimes forget that my pistol is there. I wear company supplied uniforms with straight legged slacks, so nothing bigger than my SIG will conceal well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I tried one of those Amazon holsters... didn't like it at all.

I used Renegade ankle holsters for years, but they're long gone. Best ankle holster out there, IMHO. Wilderness has a copy out, but I need to swing by their shop next time I'm in Phoenix so I can check one out in person.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
For a number of years a J frame airweight in an Uncle Mike's without the calf garter. More recently the Black Hawk equivalent housing a Colt Agent. I have played around with PP/PPK .380 some. Any real weight annoys my ankle. Given the amount of time I spend behind the wheel or seated at a table, it works for me. On Sundays I carry it as a BUG.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I’ve been happy with a Galco ankle glove with garter carrying either my PPKs or my j-frame. The garter helps it stay up. HOWEVER note that I work at a desk 10 hrs per day so the ankle holster is the most accessible, other than a shoulder rig, for me.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
The Ideal Ankle Carry!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts