Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
Hard to beat Walmart. I get the Federal 36gr plated, 550 round bulk carton (red box) for $19.99. Its not the cheapest they have but it is some of the cleanest burning 22 ammo I have run across. My guns are easily twice as dirty with most others.
Want to go cheaper? They had some Winchester either 500 or 550rd boxes for $16.97 and the Federal Auto Match was about $12 for a 335rd box. Hard to get anything worth shooting for less than 3.5 to 4 cents per round. The Federal works out to 3.6 per round before any sales tax

·
Premium Member
make mine 45 acp 😎
3,949 Posts
i typically buy bulk online. monitor the prices and grab it when its right..
dont see anything outstanding on rim fire right now..

my go to's -

i like SGAMMO - sometimes have good bulk ammo specials, have to compare shop and watch shipping
https://www.sgammo.com/product/22-lr-ammo/5250-round-case-22-long-rifle-36-grain-high-velocity-copper-plated-hollow-point-f

Palmetto State when they have the daily deal and free ship options.. they charge tax to a lot of states so you have to figure it in
https://palmettostatearmory.com/daily-deals-new.html

couple others i cant remember offhand - i sign up for every newsletter/email alert (have a specific gmail account i use for nothing but gun stuff !!)

·
Registered
11,817 Posts
I ordered a bucket of the Federals from Academy last spring. It contained 1100 rounds and was $29.99 with free shipping which comes to 2.7 cents per round. Keep your eyes open for deals like that and sign up for email sales announcements with multiple online dealers like Blazermark does.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you don't mind buying in bulk, TargetSportsUSA.com has the best delivered price of anybody I've found, i.e. shipping is free on bulk ammo. They also have a Prime program a la Amazon.com that gives you free shipping on non-bulk ammo and discounts on everything (including bulk ammo), as well as some free ammo once a year based on your purchase history.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here in Oklahoma the local Atwoods has been putting the Aquila HV on sale for $1.49 a box or $32.63 with tax for 1000.. Brownells has been doing pretty good too lately but not at time of writing..

·
Registered
10,155 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts