Smith And Wesson Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
I and my friend who both bought one have shot a couple thousand rounds of Norma TAC-22 through them. We both found we have some failure to feeds and jams when hand loading the magazines. But we have no such problems when we load them with my McFaden loader. It turns out not to just be much faster to load but seems to do a better job than I do by hand.

· Registered
7 Posts
Wow, I have always considered Thunderbolts to be Thunderturds. Some go bang, some go pop, some do nothing. You can hear the difference from round to round, but glad someone likes it
I had heard the same thing, but I tried Thunderbolt because, at the time, that was all I could get locally. I have also heard they lead up the barrel. gut so do any lead bullet, I avoid the problem by keeping my gun clean. Guess I have beel lucky

· Registered
18,087 Posts
I like the Federal 36gr plated ammo. It is a really clean shooting round, but you will get an occasional failure to fire

· Registered
7 Posts
I like the Federal 36gr plated ammo. It is a really clean shooting round, but you will get an occasional failure to fire
A fried gave me a box 0f 800 Federal lead rounds in 40 grain firing at 1200 FPS. It is not expensive and my rifle has had no problems with it. But haven't fired it all yet. From what I hear asny bulk may give you problems along the way. Have you fired the Winchester super X copper plated hollow point? My son just gave me 200 rounds and says it fires well in his 10-22. I havw not tried it yeat.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
A fried gave me a box 0f 800 Federal lead rounds in 40 grain firing at 1200 FPS. It is not expensive and my rifle has had no problems with it. But haven't fired it all yet. From what I hear asny bulk may give you problems along the way. Have you fired the Winchester super X copper plated hollow point? My son just gave me 200 rounds and says it fires well in his 10-22. I havw not tried it yeat.
I have shot some super x, 40 grain. If I remember right they all fired and had good accuracy

· Registered
276 Posts
i need opinions on the best performing ammo for the m&p 15-22. should i just use the "try them all" method or should i try just one specific brand and stick with it.:bluelogo::bullets:
I have 2 of them and they have literally fired thousands of rounds of virtually every bulk ammo available without issue. 1/4” accuracy at 50 yards with either one using cheap $35 CVLife scopes. I once spent an afternoon weeding my range with a box of Winchester bulk ammo and two 15-22s, just shooting plant stems in two. Only important thing with them is properly loading mags. Never take complete tension off the rounds in the mag when loading and rim of the round on top goes in front of the rim of the round below it. Long as you load them like that, you shouldn’t get any feed issues.

· Registered
120 Posts
My wife's eats just about any ammo, as long as it's High Speed. Mine hates just about everything but CCI Stingers...and the serial numbers are about 45 numbers apart!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.