Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
5,567 Posts
With respect, you will find that your 15-22 works very well with common .22 LR ammo. Mine has worked very well with CCI Mini-Mags. It has also worked very well with Remington Golden Bullet .22 LR ammo. This was a surprise as some have not been happy with their results using Remington .22 LR ammo. Buy what you are able to find and shot it to see what gives the best on-target results. You may find a particular brand of ammo or bullet style that gives you notably better accuracy. If so, buy as much of that brand of ammo as you can. Given how hard it is to find significant quantities of .22 LR ammo for sale, you would be well advised to buy what you can when you find it. HTH. Sincerely. bruce.

· Registered
3,720 Posts
After trying a bunch of different ones, mine likes the CCI Tactical stuff. It's more accurate (in my gun) and very very rarely has any problems. But, the beauty of the gun is that it'll gobble up anything I feed it. In today's market I can't be picky if I want to shoot it. To find what's best in your gun you'll have to try a bunch of different loads. Tough job I know, but you'll have to muddle through like the rest of us. Personally, I'm still muddling!:)

· Registered
11 Posts
Mine likes CCI mini mags. And no problems with it when I use the slidefire or the can on it. I haven't had any other 22 ammo to test it with. Now if you want me to test it with some other 22, just send it to me and I will test it for you. Lol
Thom

· Registered
43 Posts
Anything I tried so far worked well. Cci blazer and standard velocity, armscor, remington golden bullet. All perfect. Yesterday after 400 shots bolt in my 15-22 got full of dirt but still shooting same way as clean. Great rifle!

· Registered
68 Posts
My favorite 22 round is Blazer bulk ammo. I have bought the more expensive stuff from CCI, but it was a waste of money. Used to get them for $30 a 1,000. They have disappeared from the shelves in Michigan since shortly after Sandy Hook. I still have a few bricks left, but I don't shoot 22's like I used to. I refuse to pay 10 cents a round.

· Registered
1 Posts
Mine didn't like the Federal Auto Match. The Sellier&Bellot was sticking to itself in the mag. 2-3 rounds at a time tried to load.
Same here. Every 3-4 rounds. Actually liked the 555 round winchester white box hollow points. Even the AR style ammo designed for it had failures to eject/feed but not as often as the Federal auto maych. First rounds fired the rifle (Brand New) so I don't know if it needed a little lube or a good cleaning job. I did clean the barrel before firing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

· Registered
7 Posts
I have had my M&P for just under a year and have shot over 1500 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt through it with but two fail to fully eject. I think that is pretty good odds. The Thunderbolt is a lead round nose round with a muzzle velocity of 1,255 FPS. I find it to be accurate and dependable. I am able to shoot bulls eyes at 100 yards. It is also a great round for small game and varmint hunting.

· Registered
18,087 Posts
I have had my M&P for just under a year and have shot over 1500 rounds of Remington Thunderbolt through it with but two fail to fully eject. I think that is pretty good odds. The Thunderbolt is a lead round nose round with a muzzle velocity of 1,255 FPS. I find it to be accurate and dependable. I am able to shoot bulls eyes at 100 yards. It is also a great round for small game and varmint hunting.
Wow, I have always considered Thunderbolts to be Thunderturds. Some go bang, some go pop, some do nothing. You can hear the difference from round to round, but glad someone likes it

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.