Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bedside defense gun.

Mossberg 500 20 gauge persuader 8 shot 20" barrel.
Elzetta ZSM light mount
Energizer 700 lumen aluminum light
Browncoat tactical 7 round shotgun cards
Soe gear single point sling
It also has a 2 point sling that goes with it. It's a quake industries the claw padded sling in mossy oak bottom land.
Limbsaver air tech pad for the fiance
Magpul sga stock
Tacstar aluminum side plate with rubber on the back side and velcro on the front.
NDZ performance red aluminum follower
NDZ performance safety in fde cerakote
Mossberg factory trigger fde cerakote
Mcarbo spring kit for the trigger. (I've had no issues with these kits and recommend them to everyone.)

The gun is painted in kg kphos which is a phosphate like parkerizing and then kg gunkoted milspec od green and then baked.

It was done by xdman in Alabama aka James Nicholas

The furniture was painted in magpul fde kg gunkote and baked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,292 Posts
I like it. There are a few members here that don't like Mossberg pump shotguns due to the difficulty of fixing them when they break down.
I have 3 of them and have never had a malfunction.

Here's my favorite of the Mossberg guns I have. It's an 18.5" Marinekote model

DSCF3098.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive always wanted a marincote model but I could never find one with ghost rings.

·
Registered
16,605 Posts
Very nice bedside companion. I have several mossbergs pumps and all are problem free. I like the 20 GA as my wife ad grandkids can shoot it whereas the 12 is a little on the high power side. Besides, with #4 buckshot the perp will never know the difference.

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
At inside the house distances the 20 gauge is plenty of gun

Exactly. A 12 gauge will hold another pellet or 2 but the pattern will be identical. Whatever gets shot w/ it won't know the difference & a 20 gauge recoils less if follow up shots are needed.

·
Premium Member
2,847 Posts
Since the Marine Corps is/was and always ever so reluctant to depose of any thing, the M97 Winchester was still in service during my tenure. When we got the orders to deploy to Viet-Nam, we had several M97 shotguns but no 12Ga ammunition. Thus we improvised obtaining the only available from special services Trap and or Skeet loads. The recipient's of theses never exclaimed "That Didn't Hurt" Later on OO-Buck became available. Fast forward to day (Decades Later) we get by with a mix of double "0" and 1B in a Mossberg 590-12Ga-pump shotgun.

·
Registered
19,555 Posts
Actually....I prefer the plain Mossberg 500 in 20 Ga. pictured above ^. I've got my old 70's Ithaca M-37 26" IC barrel, but I can no longer mount it at all for bird hunting, due to bad shoulders. Thinking of selling it.......to buy another old Smith. kfjdrfirii Bob

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
tnmandpshooter, thanks for your reply to my query. Also thanks to the others who commented; this was an interesting set of responses.
A 20 gauge basically has the same ballistics power I guess that's how you say it to a .44 magnum as far as stopping power goes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
View attachment 452657
After a few rounds with the pistol grip (UGH!) , I installed an ATI Telescoping stock on my 500 20 gauge. Much better. It stays on the wall side of my bed in the corner.
I had a Remington M870, 12 gauge and I put a pistol grip on it, like that and I fired 00 buck maximum. EEE...Yowww!!
I leave the regular stock on any shotgun that I get now.
Buckshot is punishing ammo, even when it is fired from the shoulder; but it is counter-productive to use a pistol grip with it.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I’m sure the idiot that breaks in to your house will appreciate being shot with such a fine looking 20 gauge .. for about the 2 seconds it takes him to die. 20 gauge is plenty for inside.

Reactions: tnmandpshooter

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I’m sure the idiot that breaks in to your house will appreciate being shot with such a fine looking 20 gauge .. for about the 2 seconds it takes him to die. 20 gauge is plenty for inside.
Dang skippy!

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts